No servicing available - what's the position with warranty ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
I wonder how the manufacturers will respond to all the cars that will be out of warranty because they haven't been serviced ??????

Garages are open, AFAIK?

I thought garages were on the list specifically allowed to stay open. The Sandown Group (seven MB dealerships) definitely are ... I got this today
In line with the government guidance, our workshops will remain open to assist our customers, especially those that are key workers, with their mobility requirements during this challenging time. To ensure the safety of our staff and customers, we have significantly reduced the number of people on site and implemented processes to limit physical interaction with our customers. We’re very flexible and will adapt our approach to your requirements and are able to complete all paperwork and take payment remotely.

Given the dynamic nature of this challenge, we’ll continue to respond to and implement the Government’s guidance and keep you informed.

Most MB dealers closed , had my "B" service cancelled today.
Are you sure? The official directive was that showrooms must close, but the garage part can remain open.

Are you sure? The official directive was that showrooms must close, but the garage part can remain open.

My wife took the call and when asked about the new booking said she'd get me to ring back. Rang them about 2 hours later to be answered with an automated message "we are now closed ....................................................
Our dealerships are now closed

View online

SYTNER-GROUP-WHITE.png

Dear Mr Rees,

In light of the Government’s announcement this evening, I am writing to let you know that we have temporarily closed our dealerships with immediate effect, until further notice.

As I outlined in my previous letter to you, we take our responsibility to protect our colleagues and customers seriously. As such this means that team members will not be permitted to attend our dealerships tomorrow morning, which means that we will be unable to attend to customers. Therefore please do not travel to any of our locations tomorrow as you will be disappointed.

We are mindful however that there may be keyworkers among our customers who have cars currently in our workshops.

We would ask, that if you are a keyworker, that you contact us via this email address: [email protected]. We will make every endeavour to return your car to you, but we must ensure that we do this in a safe and compliant manner.

If you are not a keyworker, but have questions about your vehicle, please also contact us via this address. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

These are unprecedented events and we anticipate that many of our customers will contact us at this time, so we ask that you please bear with us.

It was my hope that we would be able to facilitate an orderly closure as outlined in my previous letter, however the safety and welfare of all UK citizens must now take priority.

Thank you for your understanding.

signature_uwd3do.png

Darren Edwards

Chief Executive
Sytner Group

Stay%20Home%20Logo.png

www.sytner.co.uk

You have been sent this email as you have bought or serviced a car at a Sytner Group dealership. If you no longer wish to receive updates from Sytner Group regarding our response to the COVID-19 outbreak, you can unsubscribe here.

You can view our full Privacy Policy by going to https://www.sytner.co.uk/privacy

Sytner Group Ltd. Registered in England No. 2883766. Registered Office: 2 Penman Way, Grove Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1ST. VAT no. 6160625086.

Last edited:
I just got a message from MB in Swansea saying they were closed , special arrangements for essential workers with a problem , just gave a number to ring. Am glad I had them service my SLK last week as I was worried about losing my final year warranty

Most MB dealers closed , had my "B" service cancelled today.
Mine was cancelled today too. I queried the extent of the closure but was told that the safety of their staff and customers was their utmost priority. Fair enough but still leaves me not knowing what’s going to happen in the future. My service plan that I’m still paying for seems like money down the drain for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was cancelled today too. I queried the extent of the closure but was told that the safety of their staff and customers was their utmost priority. Fair enough but still leaves me not knowing what’s going to happen in the future. My service plan that I’m still paying for seems like money down the drain for now.
Surely you will get the services you are paying for.

You simply purchased services in advance, and you are paying for them in installments.

The services can be taken at any time, I.e. even long after the payments were all made.

So in theory you could wait two or three years and ask for your services then.

The Corona shutdown won't affect your financial position in respect of the MB Service Care Plan.

If you choose to go elsewhere for your service (Indy) and cancel your plan they will refund you.

Given the situation I can’t see you having a warranty issue for servicing outside the normal 30 leeway.

My service was cancelled yesterday by Mercedes, Norwich which is group1auto or similar, group1 own all dealerships on Norfolk so I suspect the rest are the same.

I’m also on a service plan and this next one is the last in the 3 year plan but I feel sure they will honour this once they open again.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is due for service 13th April (still waiting for info from dealer), warranty ends end March - have written to MB Uk asking for an extension to my warranty until I can get the service done (whenever that happens). Also my last in a 3 year service plan - not worried about them honouring it or giving a refund.

It is true that using an Indy does not invalidate a warranty?

Perhaps some more letters to them will help us all.

Customer service address below:

[email protected]-benz.com

My service was cancelled on Monday, I only do about 6000 miles a year so not having my oil changed for circa £480 is fine by me. I don't think a lot of us will be doing many miles for the foreseeable future.

why? The service plan is effectively prepayment or, put another way, no different to having money in the piggy bank.
MB will still service vehicles once the world approaches normally...unless MB goes bust, in which case we will probably have bigger things to worry about...

Ok, ok. My moan was a bit tongue-in-cheek. I wasn’t exactly feeling over the moon at the time having just lost half the household income because my wife rightly considered it best to shut down her business. Not the best of timing with bills arriving now for house insurance, business insurance, car insurance, council tax and VED. This bit of hassle was the final straw. I just had to vent in a car related way. I’m breathing again now (thankfully very well) so all is good. I’m no longer worrying about it because worrying achieves nothing. Instead I’m rewatching the first two series of Killing Eve in readiness for the upcoming third series (no, not so as to learn how to terminate the bastards who won’t make the effort to social distance!)

My service was cancelled yesterday by Mercedes, Norwich which is group1auto or similar, group1 own all dealerships on Norfolk so I suspect the rest are the same.

I’m also on a service plan and this next one is the last in the 3 year plan but I feel sure they will honour this once they open again.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mine is with the same group.

MB will still service vehicles once the world approaches normally...unless MB goes bust, in which case we will probably have bigger things to worry about...

Well technically speaking it's a credit / financial product.... regulated the the FCA... so maybe there will still be some recompense.... :D

What you need to do is pick 3 fruit any fruit and take them with you to a secluded area, now this is the challenging part, if you can fit all 3 fruit in your butt hole your good

What you need to do is pick 3 fruit any fruit and take them with you to a secluded area, now this is the challenging part, if you can fit all 3 fruit in your butt hole your good

Challenge accepted, I choose Blueberries :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom