No servicing available - what's the position with warranty ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My wife took the call and when asked about the new booking said she'd get me to ring back. Rang them about 2 hours later to be answered with an automated message "we are now closed ....................................................
Our dealerships are now closed

View online

SYTNER-GROUP-WHITE.png

Dear Mr Rees,

In light of the Government’s announcement this evening, I am writing to let you know that we have temporarily closed our dealerships with immediate effect, until further notice.

As I outlined in my previous letter to you, we take our responsibility to protect our colleagues and customers seriously. As such this means that team members will not be permitted to attend our dealerships tomorrow morning, which means that we will be unable to attend to customers. Therefore please do not travel to any of our locations tomorrow as you will be disappointed.

We are mindful however that there may be keyworkers among our customers who have cars currently in our workshops.

We would ask, that if you are a keyworker, that you contact us via this email address: [email protected]. We will make every endeavour to return your car to you, but we must ensure that we do this in a safe and compliant manner.

If you are not a keyworker, but have questions about your vehicle, please also contact us via this address. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

These are unprecedented events and we anticipate that many of our customers will contact us at this time, so we ask that you please bear with us.

It was my hope that we would be able to facilitate an orderly closure as outlined in my previous letter, however the safety and welfare of all UK citizens must now take priority.

Thank you for your understanding.

signature_uwd3do.png

Darren Edwards

Chief Executive
Sytner Group

Stay%20Home%20Logo.png

www.sytner.co.uk

You have been sent this email as you have bought or serviced a car at a Sytner Group dealership. If you no longer wish to receive updates from Sytner Group regarding our response to the COVID-19 outbreak, you can unsubscribe here.

You can view our full Privacy Policy by going to https://www.sytner.co.uk/privacy

Sytner Group Ltd. Registered in England No. 2883766. Registered Office: 2 Penman Way, Grove Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1ST. VAT no. 6160625086.

This suggests that any car being serviced and not returned will be held until Sytners reopen (unless a key worker). If you have a courtesy car...I wonder what the position will be [particularly with respect to insurance).

Just heard that MOT's are suspended for 6months from 30th March. I guess there will be a heck of a backlog when life resumes

One of our A-Class suffered a breakdown (key not unlocking the car door) after missing an annual service (as luck would have it) last year. Rang Mercedes and they said the Class-A was covered with the breakdown service because there is 'some' leeway given.

I would imagine it would be crazy to invalid the warranty cover on a technicality that someone missed their annual service by a small margin.

My E220 is due its first service in May and has only done 5700 miles, so I am not too bothered about Lookers Mercedes at Canterbury being closed until further notice. The info posted above about servicing is reassuring but I am surprised at the total lack of information (reassuring or otherwise) available on the Lookers dealership websites. They did notify me by email about the closure but it simply stated that to protect their staff and customers they were shutting that night. No information at all on their website.

In contrast, my son has a Nissan Qashqai and our local dealership is still open for servicing, repairs and MOTs, albeit with priority being given to key workers' needs.

Of course in these worrying times, the nation's health is paramount and for those of us who are not key workers, our cars can always be attended to, once things get back to normal (whatever the new normal will be?).

My E220 is due its first service in May and has only done 5700 miles, so I am not too bothered about Lookers Mercedes at Canterbury being closed until further notice. The info posted above about servicing is reassuring but I am surprised at the total lack of information (reassuring or otherwise) available on the Lookers dealership websites. They did notify me by email about the closure but it simply stated that to protect their staff and customers they were shutting that night. No information at all on their website.

In contrast, my son has a Nissan Qashqai and our local dealership is still open for servicing, repairs and MOTs, albeit with priority being given to key workers' needs.

Of course in these worrying times, the nation's health is paramount and for those of us who are not key workers, our cars can always be attended to, once things get back to normal (whatever the new normal will be?).
At least they bothered sending you an email. My car was booked in for its B service and MoT last Friday with MB Peterborough. On Tuesday morning I missed a phone call and thought no more of it. Just after lunch I checked the number and realised it was MB, so assuming it was about the upcoming service I called back. Nothing; their main phone line wasn’t even working. But I knew the direct line to the service department so I called that. The guy who answered quickly told me that they were closing down everything so I wouldn’t get the work done. He didn’t even bother taking my details. I’ve heard nothing from them since, not even a standard email to all their customers. OK, so we can all work out what’s happening, but even small businesses have been sending out messages as a courtesy to their customers.

Hope you guys find this helpful

bdacf3d44d25ce34e47dfaebbc0d0dc2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing this. Is it from MBUK or your dealer group?

Our Smart ForFour is due it’s second service in April and so I was starting to wonder what Smart do with respect to warranty. Fortunately it’s dine so few miles the +180 days is what matters for me rather than the +20% miles.

Thank you for sharing this. Is it from MBUK or your dealer group?

Our Smart ForFour is due it’s second service in April and so I was starting to wonder what Smart do with respect to warranty. Fortunately it’s dine so few miles the +180 days is what matters for me rather than the +20% miles.

This is regarding warranty/service from
MBUK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that it seems there was an official leeway before of 90 days (but not very miles).

Never seen that before - I think it's generally been thought it was a month or 1K miles.

Yesterday I spoke to my mate who owns 2 garages with MOT facilities , he has been told to shut them down on Friday (I think the MOT part is already down) he is furloughing his staff.

He has told ,via e-mail and text (i:e in writing) all of his customers that have had MOT's cancelled by him that as far as he is concerned if they have no MOT on their cars they have no insurance and they must take advice from their own insurers.

He is simply covering his a$$ . he is also adamant that he could easily carry on with MOT as it's a one man job and the customer can 'isolate' outside or in the part of the premises that no longer has any mechanics working.

But as we know this whole thing is not that simple.

I wonder if they'ii be extending the warranty by 180 days seeing as you can't get access to one of their dealerships

MB of Ascot service open for emergencies. (Only Service, no parts open for trade or retail, I spoke to them yesterday (Friday)). MB of Guildford service dept open too - they finished off some work on my SL which was there waiting for a brake calliper from Germany.

R

Yesterday I got a message from MB Loughton that my service booking is rescheduled for 31/5 since they have extended the closure until 21/5. The service will be overdue at the time for 3 weeks. :dk:

Even mechanics are entitled to be safe ! Bless 'em.

A quick update:

I was called by Inchcape Oxford yesterday (30th April) inviting me to re-book the service on my A-Class that was previously booked for 2nd April and cancelled by them on 26th March. They advised that they're booking normal workshop activities from the beginning of June, so my service (including loan car) is now booked for 4th June.

Mine was cancelled today too. I queried the extent of the closure but was told that the safety of their staff and customers was their utmost priority. Fair enough but still leaves me not knowing what’s going to happen in the future. My service plan that I’m still paying for seems like money down the drain for now.

You should still be able to get the services you paid for? My understanding is that with the MB Service Care Plan, essentially you have purchased a number of services (2, 3 or 4), that can be consumed at any time, i.e. there is no equirement under the plan that the timing of using-up the services purchased needs to align with the manufacturer's recommended service schedule.

You should still be able to get the services you paid for? My understanding is that with the MB Service Care Plan, essentially you have purchased a number of services (2, 3 or 4), that can be consumed at any time, i.e. there is no equirement under the plan that the timing of using-up the services purchased needs to align with the manufacturer's recommended service schedule.
That’s my understanding too. I’m more thinking (but not worrying) about what happens when we eventually get out of all this and I can get my car serviced. Will the 12 month servicing schedule restart from the date of that service, or will it revert to where it was before?

It will start from date of service/ current mileage

In Scotland, only two Mercedes authorised repairers have their workshops open, one in Edinburgh and the other in Glasgow. Even allowing for the current mess, that doesn't seem good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom