No spark 1/4 cylinder / M111.960

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richus

Car
W124 E220
Hello, I have M111.960 engine, can someone tell me pinout for both Coil Packs ( I mean which pins are for #1 and #2 coil pack), because I have spark ir 2/3 cylinder but dont have in 1/4. But when I swap these two wires that come from ECU i have spark in 1/4 cylinders but no in 2/3 cylinders. 🤷🏽‍♂️

For now one coil pack goes to #9 pin and second to #21 pin.

What have i done:
Tested all 4 spark plugs, they all work. Spark plug wires are also in good condition. Both coil packs are working, but have problem mentioned above.

You have a lost spark system meaning 1/4 cylinders fire together and 2/3 fire together. the coils have a common 12 volt fused supply [ ignition on] and are fired by the ecu earthing the coil momentarily -- pin 9 earths coil 1/2 and 21 earths coil 2/3 it looks as if the ECU power transistor that earths 1/2 is gone. THEY CAN BE RENEWED Theres a "how to "on here somewhere. its for a 6cyl-3coils but the 4cyl-2 coils is the same

https://forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/ecu-repair-threads-gone.257794/#post-2847700

Last edited:
You have a lost spark system meaning 1/4 cylinders fire together and 2/3 fire together. the coils have a common 12 volt fused supply [ ignition on] and are fired by the ecu earthing the coil momentarily -- pin 9 earths coil 1/2 and 21 earths coil 2/3 it looks as if the ECU power transistor that earths 1/2 is gone. THEY CAN BE RENEWED Theres a "how to "on here somewhere. its for a 6cyl-3coils but the 4cyl-2 coils is the same

https://forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/ecu-repair-threads-gone.257794/#post-2847700

Thank you, will remove ecu and check there. Is there any way to test if transistor is good or bad?

There are ways to check with a DVM but best to leave that to some one with electronics experience---- the transistors are cheap just replace them or get some electronics/ tv repair guy to do it with the info I have given you

Sounds like you have a dead PMS unit. What's the part number on your broken unit?

Gave it to repair guy, all transistors were fine, but he changed both of them, and still have same issue 🤷🏽‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom