No Start no fuel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smelly007

Car
Citan 109 2017
Firstly thank you letting me join this site. I feel sure this is the place to be when there is no other option.

I bought a citan 109 2017 it had a bump, I stripped it out for repair. Unfortunately I was busy too busy to fix it until this last month.
Engine back in all wired up engine turns over dash reads as you would expect and there are no faults displayed unless I induce one, ie disconnect something.

My problem is priming the fuel system. I can interupt the fuel line anywhere in the engine bay and vacume the fuel up to the filter. No further, in fact when I reattatch the engine side the fuel runs back down to the tank.It's impossible.
Obviously the engine won't start.
Odometer 4011 miles

I have checked all fuses and can confirm the fuel heater and pump relays are working.

I am happy to purchase a C5 multiplexer and software if this is a software issue with the car being dismantled for 20 months.

Is there another way to prime the fuel ? Rocket in the fuel tank for example/

Many thanks if some expert can offer me any advice..
smelly

Is the fuel pump running when you try to start the engine?

Is the fuel pump running when you try to start the engine?
I can't hear anything from the tank.
Can hear the pressure regulator. and some other noise within the engine bay.
There might have been parts stolen when in clearing.
I have one connector block the smaller of the two on top of the fuse box with nowhere to go . The white one above that clips t the cover is good.
I have one other twin wire connector unattatched behind he enginfe fuse box on top of the leg in a sort of side repeater area.
I have also using a jumper bridged the relay switch part on the fuel pump to no avail so the clicking realy is back in.
thanks

Could be the fuel pump has shut down in the impact. There may be a reset for it somewhere, the idea is that in a shunt the pump will be shut down to prevent it spewing fuel out if any lines are ruptured.

The Citan 109 is based on the Renault KANGOO and the engine is a derivative of the Renault K9K designated as the mercedes OM607 DE15LA so you might have some luck on the Renault forums also

Could be the fuel pump has shut down in the impact. There may be a reset for it somewhere, the idea is that in a shunt the pump will be shut down to prevent it spewing fuel out if any lines are ruptured.
I checked with Mercedes if there was an inertia fuel cut off but as a diesel they say no.
My Volvo software Vida has a crash reset software option.

thanks

Following on from Tricky's post most mercedes in addition to conventional fuse blocks have fusible links designed to prevent electrical fires in the event of shorts or accident damage.

Following on from Tricky's post most mercedes in addition to conventional fuse blocks have fusible links designed to prevent electrical fires in the event of shorts or accident damage.
I see

I have checked all known fuses but no I don't have a wiring diagram.
The vechicle had a side swipe across the bumper. It wasn' a particuarly bad knock. I am more concerned aboutthe length of time is was in pieces not talking to each other.

thank you Graeme
Ok I think I saw this and printed out the fuse box diagrams but not the wiring.
I'll get on it

Think this is your van?
CHASSIS MERCEDES KASTENWAGEN [Van] [CHASSIS] (EUROPA)
e.g.
FUEL TANK WITH DETACHABLE PARTS MERCEDES KASTENWAGEN [Van] [CHASSIS] (EUROPA)

B47015000308.140218.png

Crisis over

Thanks for your helpful replies today.
I missed the wire. In the diagram the fuel pump is connected to the loose single black cable topmost in the picture.

It's a twin connector with just one wire. I re-looked at the picture and said "hey hang on I don't remember that wire being there"fuse.jpg .

Hey presto turned the key and fuel coming through.
I just have to put it back together and It will start.
Happy days

I tried to access the engine compartment fuse box as shown in the video. Found it impossible to remove all the covers. Any ideas or suggestions please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom