NO this is ...Wow... E55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks a great buy for someone after an already modified example. Very reasonable price too.

Its bids, not a "buy it now" so I doubt the seller will let it go for that.

You're right. Will be interesting to see how much it sells for. Got to be in the region of £9k

Nah... Stock, with many options will always win.

The low mileage thing is it’s biggest selling point by quite a stretch - and it does seem to be an honest advert - but those wheels look fantastic on the 218 CLS but look too busy on a 211 and, contrary to those selling them, modifications more often than not actually devalue a car of this ilk.

The low mileage thing is it’s biggest selling point by quite a stretch - and it does seem to be an honest advert - but those wheels look fantastic on the 218 CLS but look too busy on a 211 and, contrary to those selling them, modifications more often than not actually devalue a car of this ilk.
That’s why I bought my cosmetically modded car.

- The seller ended up selling for a much lower price as it was cosmetically modded
- The engine and mechanics was stock
- Interior was acceptable, no major damages
- All panels are on original paint
- I took off all the carbon fibre parts and sold them for a few hundred quid hehe
- I have retro fitted some OEM options
- I think I have maintained the re-sale value of the car by converting it back to stock

That used to be because the quality of the stock bike was so sh!t you could only make it better...

Not so these days, I gather, but they're so expensive for what they do that I've never wanted one even slightly; or any other cruiser, for that matter.

no reserve on it so its going to go even if its one bid at £7995

Hi all - I'm the seller btw :)
Your car Ben ?
Looks really good, the main thing I like is the straight forward no Bull ad...

Cheap car for someone that

This has to be the best priced non starship mileage 55k out there...if you dont want this then you're on a long journey to find one I am one of those guys that usually wont buy a previously tuned car or one with a few owners but this does seem like a nice one..imo

Sold.

Buyer was going to come down Saturday just gone and see/drive it during the daylight although he phoned me on Thursday evening to ask if he could collect that evening. In the dark and it was raining..

He came down from Bicester on the train with I presume his father. I took them out for a 15-20min test drive (not obliged to, but I didn't mind) and the car behaved perfectly. Buyer transferred the full amount into my account by phone, we filled out the V5, signed a receipt for each of us (including "sold as seen, tried and approved without guarantee" etc.) and off they went. Lovely sound as it went up the road :cool:

About 20 mins later, they phoned to say it had cut out and the low fuel light was on. Now I put £20 of V-Power in before they arrived as I don't like selling a car on fumes, although expected them to fill it up for their (long) trip back to Bicester (from Rainham, Kent.) I asked where they were and told them there was a petrol station a few miles back. The car then started and they said they would fill it up.

Then, about 30 minutes after this I received a voicemail (by now it was around 11pm, I was about to turn in and turned my phone to silent). I listened to some of it and it was rather sinister i.e. the speaker kept breaking up, but I was able to make out "the f****** thing doesn't go" and "we're bringing it back.."

As I was on my own and they knew where I lived, I phoned 999. Explained the situation and was assured they would send a car when one was available but to sit tight, not answer the door and keep my phone at hand. I asked if they could phone me on arrival for obvious reasons.

So I waited.

I noticed about half a dozen missed calls that were from the buyer, but didn't answer them. Roughly 20 mins later I heard my car pull up outside. Next I heard banging on the door and my name being shouted (bear in mind it was getting on for midnight by now) and they also went round the back and did the same.

I phoned 999 again and they said the car wouldn't be too long but couldn't give me an ETA.

I waited for another 5 minutes or so (although it felt like an hour) and whilst the banging/shouting had stopped I didn't know if they'd gone.

Fortunately the next call was from 2 officers who were outside. I invited them in and they took a statement. I also gave them the buyer's full name, address and phone number and they listened to the voicemails, agreeing that they were unpleasant.

They reassured me that the car was not outside and I felt a bit better. They also advised me that I was not obliged to speak to them again and that this may be a scam, especially as it had driven perfectly on the test drive.

Next morning (Friday) I received a text from the buyer asking if I knew what was wrong with the car. I thought about ignoring it, but with a clearer head I replied that I didn't know although possibly the map/fuelling might need adjusting and to contact MSL. I also phoned Acid to give him the heads-up (he was fine, as usual.)

Not heard from them since.

This is the last time I sell a car privately.

Horrible experience, agreed. I hate selling cars also that's why i make sure there 100% and then some, cant be doing with agro even so you never know.

Seems very bad luck and glad your ok, It was a good thing to do to phone the Police, quick thinking.

Wow. That sounds a nasty experience. Good call involving the police.

Lets hope you don't hear from them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom