NO this is ...Wow... E55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks chaps - it was pretty scary at the time but I'll mark it down to experience. Part of me wished I'd part-exchanged it now!

Thanks chaps - it was pretty scary at the time but I'll mark it down to experience. Part of me wished I'd part-exchanged it now!
It could certainly be said that you’ve sold them a dud but the fact you’ve documented it on here puts that to bed!

Lovely, i'd Deffo be up for a extended warranty on one though lol, What machine :)

Congrats Ben. Great looking car.
Is the insurance a lot higher for the GTR?

Hey Ben ...I'll race you ...head start if you need it ...:)

Congrats Ben. Great looking car.
Is the insurance a lot higher for the GTR?

I guess it’ll be higher as higher value?

Thanks guys.

Insurance is £455 through Debenhams. The GT-R is completely standard btw (545hp) and why anyone would feel the need to tune it is beyond me! FYI, I was paying £350 on the 55 with all mods declared (I could have insured a stock 55 for £230...)

I am over 21 :D

Last edited:
Lovely car. Great lighting in the photos too.

whats rather annoying is a private sale is a sold as seen situation and people really need to get that in there head, you took them a longer test drive and they obliged to transfer the funds so that in turn means they are happy with the sale and condition of the vehicle, once thats done then there really is no more you need to be involved with. coming to your door shouting and banging at midnight after the sale is a joke but rather funny that "the car that doesn't go" made it back to your property o_O

Thanks guys.

Insurance is £455 through Debenhams. The GT-R is completely standard btw (545hp) and why anyone would feel the need to tune it is beyond me! FYI, I was paying £350 on the 55 with all mods declared (I could have insured a stock 55 for £230...)

I am over 21 :D
Yeah I'm a bit over that as well Ben but don't act like it:)...hence mines remapped & a scorpion exhaust ...3.3 - 60 & 7.5 to 100mph...pah these fast hairdressers eh....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Quick for an Audi TT, that, and a real sleeper, but it's all about traction by the look of it; the bigger bangers plainly come good later as the speeds rise. People will still think it belongs to a gay air steward or hairdresser, too...:D

I had a TT 3.2 V6 Quattro S-tronic for 3 months a few years back. Hated it. Chopped it in for a 987 Boxster 3.2s.....much better!

Yeah I'm a bit over that as well Ben but don't act like it:)...hence mines remapped & a scorpion exhaust ...3.3 - 60 & 7.5 to 100mph...pah these fast hairdressers eh....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

One thing I've learnt - there's always a faster car out there..

Do love the TTRS though :D

Didn't know Debenhams did car insurance! And that does seem v cheap!!

Nice car though:thumb: and one that I imagine you won't be in a rush to sell...……………..privately:eek:

From a buyers point of view though their is nothing worse than buying a car then a few miles into a journey all sorts of things go wrong. Not saying you knew there was an issue with the car but you can have some sympathy with the buyer spending all that cash...

Hi there

It was me who actually bought this car.

We got 5mins down the road and the car started bucking like crazy and then the low fuel light came on. Filled it up with Tesco 99 ron. Started back up fine. Drove another 15 mile and car started dying again as soon as the throttle was used past 10%.
We did indeed take it back to the house. Surely anyone who just bought a car would take it back if it started playing up straight away.

We did ring him and he never had any decency to answer his phone after we phoned him the first time to tell him the car was playing up straight away.

I’m sure any one else in my situation would feel like they had been screwed over. Just felt like I’d been mugged of.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom