NO this is ...Wow... E55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had a similar experience, but didn’t take it back , and I did spend ££s putting it right. I believe in Karma how ever long it takes. Second hand pay ya money take ya chance :(

What was the problem with the car?

Yeah I understand that.

Iv already put new rear shock, fixed the sat nav and changed the door pillar trims as old ones where corroded.

I just hope it’s nothing major with the engine. But have to get it sorted after Xmas.

Not sure what the problem is yet. Iv changed the map sensor. as that came up and it was fine for a day but it’s started playing up again. Idle surges slightly and it just bogs down when accelerator pedal is used over 10% roughly.

Hi there

It was me who actually bought this car.

We got 5mins down the road and the car started bucking like crazy and then the low fuel light came on. Filled it up with Tesco 99 ron. Started back up fine. Drove another 15 mile and car started dying again as soon as the throttle was used past 10%.
We did indeed take it back to the house. Surely anyone who just bought a car would take it back if it started playing up straight away.

We did ring him and he never had any decency to answer his phone after we phoned him the first time to tell him the car was playing up straight away.

I’m sure any one else in my situation would feel like they had been screwed over. Just felt like I’d been mugged of.
Hmmm think someone not answering the phone would Miff me off to...BUT...its not as though he knew you were phoning with bad news, my point is I doubt if he was avoiding your call in the 1st instance ...but I can see your POV , no excuse not to answer after the voice mails.
Hope you get it fixed without to much expense & trouble...I have a similar problem at the moment but with a dealer...

Well he answered the first time then never answered again as he knew we had problems.
I would be grateful if he did however know what was up with the car to just tell me. So I know where to start.
But I do enjoy fault finding on cars and learning about the engines so once Iv explored all avenues I will put into a garage.
As I only bought the car for a weekend blaster. So not needed as a commuter.

^ Reading Post #18 again, it does sound like the seller sold the car in perfect running order at the time of sale.
The problem occurring within 20 mins of leaving his house must surely be down to bad luck and nothing he knew about beforehand ?

If this was the first time the fault occurred, the seller wouldn't have known what the problem was.
I'm not picking sides, just looking at it dispassionately. In the buyers shoes, I too would be angry and upset if the car cut out after 20 mins.

I went to view this car and was gutted it wasnt as good as it looked in the photos! And the knocking suspension ect! But have to say apart from a bit of noise from the charger bearings it did run fine from what I saw!

^ Reading Post #18 again, it does sound like the seller sold the car in perfect running order at the time of sale.
The problem occurring within 20 mins of leaving his house must surely be down to bad luck and nothing he knew about beforehand ?

If this was the first time the fault occurred, the seller wouldn't have known what the problem was.
I'm not picking sides, just looking at it dispassionately. In the buyers shoes, I too would be angry and upset if the car cut out after 20 mins.

Seems funny though when I rang him he said turn the car of and bk on on again and see if that sorts it. Which it did for a short while.
Then it happened again and he didn’t answer.

I went to view this car and was gutted it wasnt as good as it looked in the photos! And the knocking suspension ect! But have to say apart from a bit of noise from the charger bearings it did run fine from what I saw!

Rear shock on passenger needed replacing so that sorted out suspension.

I won the bid at auction for £8500. My max bid was £9500.
So if it cost me abit to get it fixed then so be it.

Paintwork also needs attention but Iv got a good body shop I use to sort that.

Rear shock on passenger needed replacing so that sorted out suspension.

I won the bid at auction for £8500. My max bid was £9500.
So if it cost me abit to get it fixed then so be it.

Did you bid before viewing?

Yes.
But like you said in the pics it looks mint.
The bodywork is not an issue for me.
However I did say Is this car mechanically sound and he replied yes.
To be fair he seemed like a really nice bloke. And if indeed this fault just accured on my journey home then I do feel abit bad as I would of got my money back if he would of answered the door.

But all that aside I bought the car as a project, hobby to tinker with on weekends. So wasn’t really expecting a 15year old car to be spotless.

Last edited:
Don't feel disheartened. Considering spec and mileage, it's a cheap and worth putting money into. Sounds like a genuine mistake.

Don't feel disheartened. Considering spec and mileage, it's a cheap and worth putting money into. Sounds like a genuine mistake.

Yeah I know.
It’s a nice car for its age. Interior is spotless. Exterior needs abit of work. But just need to get this fault sorted first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom