Noise coming from boot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NewMercedesowner

Car
GLC Coupe 250
Hi. I have had my car for 2 weeks and love it I have been converted form BMWs to my new Mercedes. But it has an annoying noise when you drive below 30 mph it seems to be coming from passenger side rear I have had a mechanic look at it and he said it could be the boot strut( its like a wobble noise it isn't the suspension). But the dealer I brought it from said that won't be covered on the warranty. Has anyone had this noise and fixed it easily. Thanks

Could be anything
Loose wheel
Worn bearing
Loose caliper
Loose shock absorber mounting

Is it a rubbing noise or a knocking noise?

Could be anything
Loose wheel
Worn bearing
Loose caliper
Loose shock absorber mounting

Is it a rubbing noise or a knocking noise?
its like a wobbling noise only at low speed, my mechanic looked at it and couldn't find anything wrong so thought it might be the boot strut.It had a full check at the garage where I brought it (a BMW garage lol) they renewed the drivetrain so Id hope they looked at everything when they did this.

they renewed the drivetrain so Id hope they looked at everything when they did this.

The complete drivetrain - gearbox / transfer box / propshaft / diff / driveshafts - why ?

Is it coming from inside / outside / underneath ?

Can you not take a rear seat passenger to try and pinpoint the source ?

K

The complete drivetrain - gearbox / transfer box / propshaft / diff / driveshafts - why ?

Is it coming from inside / outside / underneath ?

Can you not take a rear seat passenger to try and pinpoint the source ?

K
I haven't sat in the back to find out I will do this and see if I can pinpoint where it is coming from.

Or just take it back for a refund if you've only had it two weeks and they definitely won't fix it

Or just take it back for a refund if you've only had it two weeks and they definitely won't fix it
Ive just copied my legal rights and will send it to them tomorrow. They emailed today to say they could send it to Mercedes within their company but the cost wouldn't be covered fully by the warranty. Looks like I might have to get hard ball as the stop start doesn't work and there is no first aid kit, warning triangle and worst of all locking wheel nut.

Don't know they just said I had to wait a bit as it was being renewed the car does have 70k on the clock would the be the reason?

I very much doubt the complete drivetrain was replaced as i would imaging the cost would be prohibitive on a used car. If you can find out what exactly was replaced it may give you / Merc Garage a starting point.

Was it doing it on the test drive ?

K

I very much doubt the complete drivetrain was replaced as i would imaging the cost would be prohibitive on a used car. If you can find out what exactly was replaced it may give you / Merc Garage a starting point.

Was it doing it on the test drive ?

K
It cost about £1800 they did repair themselves. I didn't test drive it the salesman brought it to me and when I mentioned the noise he said it probably was the rear parcel shelf he had heard the noise too

It cost about £1800 they did repair themselves. I didn't test drive it the salesman brought it to me and when I mentioned the noise he said it probably was the rear parcel shelf he had heard the noise too

Too many variables to make a call on the noise , if the salesman agreed there was a noise present then they should take it back to investigate and check their "drivetrain" work.

Any time i have a noise i always empty absolutely everything (inc. the rear shelf) from the car and take it for a drive to recheck just incase it was something obvious and the noise has gone.

K

The dealer is giving you the run around - Reject the car for a refund

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom