Noise from steering/front suspension W208

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

380SL

Car
1983 380SL & 1998 CLK230 Kompressor.
Morning, I have a W208 CLK that has very recently started making a groaning/ creaking noise from the front drivers side. It started about a day or so ago with a groan when the steering was turned and has got worse since. I checked the steering fluid and topped it up ( didnt take much) But I don't think that's the issue as the noise can be heard with the car turned off and I push down on the car and bounce the suspension. So I'm think maybe some kind of bush or worn steering joint ???
Any help would be appreciated. I haven't had time to jack the car up and check yet as I'm working until mid week.
Thanks in advance folks.

Morning, I have a W208 CLK that has very recently started making a groaning/ creaking noise from the front drivers side. It started about a day or so ago with a groan when the steering was turned and has got worse since. I checked the steering fluid and topped it up ( didnt take much) But I don't think that's the issue as the noise can be heard with the car turned off and I push down on the car and bounce the suspension. So I'm think maybe some kind of bush or worn steering joint ???
Any help would be appreciated. I haven't had time to jack the car up and check yet as I'm working until mid week.
Thanks in advance folks.

Ball joint?

Not expensive of difficult to change, but can fail with expensive results.

Thanks Nick, that is one of the things that I thought could be the culprit.

Replaced the bottom ball joint and all is good again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom