Noisey phone on Comand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jezt

Car
CLS55 (me) Vito114 (Family)
I have a W208 CLK 430 with comand v2. A couple of years ago I fitted a 6310i car kit to the comand.

Recently I now have a problem in that when I use the phone with the ignition on I get the sound of a pneumatic drill in the background, so much so that the phone is un-useable. Turn the engine off and the noise stops and the phone works fine.

The Nokia interface that I originally fitted is A203 820 25 85 (HW:ME2_08). Which still works fine (apart from the drilling npoise!)

I recently bought a new one off eBay, but this has a different model number A203 820 32 26 (HW:ME2_07). When I fire up the comand all that is displayed is 'phone initialising'. I have tried about 6 6310i’s and a 6210 with no successes.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Can I fit any suppression to over come the problem?

Is the original unit faulty? Have I bought a duff replacement?

Cheers,
Jez.

Hi

A203 820 32 26 is the wrong controller. I suspect you have a wiring issue with your retrofit - check the earth is *really* good, the power is taken from the right point (i'd take it (with a fuse) from the COMAND power.

By 'ignition on' I presume you mean engine running ? If noise happens when not running it could be the controller.

Richard

Sounds promising. Does any body know a good auto electrician who knows mercs and will be able to sort this for me.

Cheers,
Jez.

Help

I've removed it all and checked the earth and power and both are taken from the inputs to the Comand. Taken them apart and the connections are solid. The noise is there when the ignition is on, with and without the engine running and only stop when I turn the key to the off position.

I've also spoke to a couple of auto electricians, but both said that I need to take the car to Merc as only they will have the equipment to diagnose the fault.

Any ideas where I can go next?

Cheers,
Jez.

Is the noise at your end? Does it appear if the phone is used alone but connected to a charger?

The noise is defiantly out my end as its on all phone calls. I have tried various different 6310i's so I know it's not the phones.

Not tried with it just plugged into a charger, but if I make a call with the noise in the background and then remove the phone from the cradle the noise stops as I have disconnected from the system.

Cheers,
Jez.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom