Noisy 220d W213?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Robin, I downloaded an APP to measure decibels and I'm at around 80... when the page you sent says 70... I have no way to measure the Passat because I don't have it anymore, but it's such a noticeable difference that I don't need an APP to know.
I have a SE which usually comes with 17" wheels but for some reason this one has 18" 245/45/18 Continental 6 in the rear and Michelin Primacy 3 in the front. Hopefully it's a problem with the wheels, alignment and/or balancing... please, I ask that!!! hahah
That does not sound correct 10 decibels above is a lot, my car has Michelin Primacy run flats all round on 19 inch rims, as I said before I detest run flats and if I keep the car they will be changed soon.

My car is genuinely quiet for a diesel, there is none of that noticeable rattle noise that I used to get when I had an E300 Hybrid with the 2.1 Diesel engine although that car was quiet on the move.

Have you listened to similar cars to see if there is a difference?

Robin

No personal experience of the 213, but when I was looking for a C Class estate, I drove 4 different diesels; 3 220's and a 250.
The difference in noise levels was quite noticeable between all 4 cars. One of the 220's was really quiet, the other 2 had a typical diesel rumble. The noisiest (which really did sound like a Massey Ferguson) was the car I really liked otherwise - the 250D. Typical😒

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom