Noisy Seat Belts height adjustments W124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sub_zero

Car
W124 E220 1995
Hi all,
Everytime I go through road pumps or have a turn I hear the seat belts height adjustments clicking and ticking,I tried to get used to this sound but I couldn't,is this normal? is there any work around to eliminate this sound or reduce it?
My star is W124 E220 made in 1995.
Sub_zero

i got the same problem with my W203 facelift..it is annoying..it is cheap plastics..
they dont make them like they used to..

I have the same, especially in hot weather. The adjuster is right next to my ear, every slight bump and it rattles :crazy:

You are are right whitenemesis

You are right whitenemesis,'especially in hot weather',I live in hot weather country :mad: (Kuwait),summer is 9 months in the year( 3 months for winter,spring and autumn!!!)
I recall this problem was mentioned in :http://skinnerbox.steaky.org/Service/W124/Main.html
but I wasn't able to open the pdf file,always gave me 'Page not found' message,I really wanted to know how MB dealt with this problem,I think they just replace the B pilar cover.
so one of the problems MB know about their cars is 'noisy seat belt height adjustment',now the whole site is forbidden!!!
How about adding some cotton inside the height adjustment to absorb the rattle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom