Nokia 6230 phone craddle!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brucer

Car
2010 E350 CDI Sports Coupe
Please help me out with this one. I recently changed my phone to a nokia 6230i & i had to purchase a new cradle for my car. The problem is that the phone doesnt want to work through the radio/cd player. It says in the brochure thats its compatible & ive tried changing everything on the phone by speaking to nokia. I spoke to my local dealer & they say that i have to buy the newest cradle out for the 6230i but that means another £131 down the drain because they wont take the cradle i have back. It's sat in my car for 2 months, not getting used & they wont let me exchange it. I find that hard to believe. What makes it more annoying is that if i do buy another cradle it'll be the third one. Since i had one for a sony ericsson t630, the current one & now a brand new one. Im sure you can do the math but thats £390 gone. If anyone has an answer, please let me know. Thanks, Brucer

I had a Nokia cradle fitted for my 6230i last year, and although it mutes the stereo the phone sound comes out of a separate speaker on the cradle mount rather than through the stereo.

Brucer said:
Please help me out with this one. I recently changed my phone to a nokia 6230i & i had to purchase a new cradle for my car. The problem is that the phone doesnt want to work through the radio/cd player. It says in the brochure thats its compatible & ive tried changing everything on the phone by speaking to nokia. I spoke to my local dealer & they say that i have to buy the newest cradle out for the 6230i but that means another £131 down the drain because they wont take the cradle i have back. It's sat in my car for 2 months, not getting used & they wont let me exchange it. I find that hard to believe. What makes it more annoying is that if i do buy another cradle it'll be the third one. Since i had one for a sony ericsson t630, the current one & now a brand new one. Im sure you can do the math but thats £390 gone. If anyone has an answer, please let me know. Thanks, Brucer

you still got the one for the t630 ? and the phone too ?

Brucer said:
If anyone has an answer, please let me know. Thanks, Brucer

Bluetooth car kit. With all the different phones and pinout changes that seem to be de rigeur at the moment, it keeps your options open.

Don't change to an SE 700i, it don't work either - the cradle I mean!

Fuzzer, I still have the t630 cradle but i sold the phone to my mate at work.
The thing that annoys me is that you pay £430 for telephone pre wiring & all that good stuff then everytime you change your phone you have to pay £131 for a cradle. They certainly know how to make their money!

Brucer said:
Fuzzer, I still have the t630 cradle but i sold the phone to my mate at work.
The thing that annoys me is that you pay £430 for telephone pre wiring & all that good stuff then everytime you change your phone you have to pay £131 for a cradle. They certainly know how to make their money!

I totally agree with you , its really bad. But , on the other hand ... bluetooth connections arent all they are cracked up to be either......

Personally the fully wired system is pretty much the best imho.

Brucer said:
Please help me out with this one. I recently changed my phone to a nokia 6230i & i had to purchase a new cradle for my car. The problem is that the phone doesnt want to work through the radio/cd player. It says in the brochure thats its compatible & ive tried changing everything on the phone by speaking to nokia. I spoke to my local dealer & they say that i have to buy the newest cradle out for the 6230i but that means another £131 down the drain because they wont take the cradle i have back. It's sat in my car for 2 months, not getting used & they wont let me exchange it.
I don't get this - if the old cradle doesn't work then surely you should be able to return it as 'not suitable for purpose'? I would go back and be a little more forcefull.

fuzzer said:
I totally agree with you , its really bad. But , on the other hand ... bluetooth connections arent all they are cracked up to be either......

Personally the fully wired system is pretty much the best imho.

Agreed, I do prefer a wired system, as it will always provide a better connection, plus power for your phone.

However, with several phones with different pinouts (mostly SonyEricsson, W800, P910, S700 etc), I really needed the extra compatibility that Bluetooth gives. That said, my bluetooth car kit performs just as well in the voice quality stakes as my previous wired kit.

Brucer said:
Please help me out with this one. I recently changed my phone to a nokia 6230i & i had to purchase a new cradle for my car. The problem is that the phone doesn't want to work through the radio/cd player. It says in the brochure thats its compatible & Ive tried changing everything on the phone by speaking to nokia. I spoke to my local dealer & they say that i have to buy the newest cradle out for the 6230i but that means another £131 down the drain because they wont take the cradle i have back. It's sat in my car for 2 months, not getting used & they wont let me exchange it. I find that hard to believe. What makes it more annoying is that if i do buy another cradle it'll be the third one. Since i had one for a Sony Ericsson t630, the current one & now a brand new one. I'm sure you can do the math but thats £390 gone. If anyone has an answer, please let me know. Thanks, Brucer

I had a new phone cradle fitted to my C220, it was done professionally only because my company paid for it.
I have the good old Nokia 6310i again provided and paid for by the company. The fitting people supply all the brackets etc, and the loom that fits into the back of the radio to mute while I am on the phone.
I had to have a separate speaker fitted because without another loom provided by MB it won't through the speaker system.
It also doesn't work with the buttons on the steering wheel.
The kit that is fitted now is a universal one which means you have a standard fit but the cradle is detachable from the bracket so you can change your phone and only buy the cradle and swap it instead of taking the whole thing out and starting all over again.
Which is very handy I suppose, our company want me to get rid of my trusty old 6310i in favour of the new photo phones but I'm hanging on to it for dear life, phones are for making calls on and cameras are for taking pics, I'm sticking to that :D
So unless you have the built in wiring and cradle that MB provide when the car is new I doubt it will work through the radio without buying a new harness for the one you have and stripping out the centre console to do it.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom