Nokia 6230

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
I've changed my phones over to Nokia 6230 from 6310i and wondered if anyone knows if MB have plans to support these phones with an MB/comand car kit.

For now I've bought a nokia advanced car kit + an antenna coupler(on order) to hook up to the roof mount antenna on the ML & a nokia phone holder. I dont intend using the blue tooth hands free facility as it runs down the battery I hear, pretty quickly. So I'm using the datacable. I've also got the loom kit to hook into the cars sound system.

Trouble is the nokia kit is a bit bulky looking compared with the 6310i MB set up. :(

Don't believe everything you read about bluetooth and battery life Steve, I've got a Nokia 6230 which has the bluetooth on constantly and is used regularly with a Nokia BT phone kit and lasts 2-3 days depending on phone use (sometimes quite heavy use, got 2 days max out of a T610 for example). As a test I left BT off completely for a few days last week and it made no discernible difference to the battery life, still ran out after 2.5 days

HTH

I have the Nokia bluetooth kit installed in my car and it works great, step in, fire up, it automatically links in to the system, mutes stereo, plays only through the drivers speaker, comes up on screen, etc... It is totally hassle free...

RichieRuss2000 said:
I have the Nokia bluetooth kit installed in my car and it works great, step in, fire up, it automatically links in to the system, mutes stereo, plays only through the drivers speaker, comes up on screen, etc... It is totally hassle free...

would that be the new 610 car kit with the remote display?

Thats the one I've got too, works great. I had looked at replacing it with the 610 carkit as I thought maybe it would display SMS on the screen, so I could actually leave my phone in my jacket or briefcase when in the car. It doesn't though so doesn't seem worth the extra to upgrade

Aswall said:
Thats the one I've got too, works great. I had looked at replacing it with the 610 carkit as I thought maybe it would display SMS on the screen, so I could actually leave my phone in my jacket or briefcase when in the car. It doesn't though so doesn't seem worth the extra to upgrade

I have the 610 kit.
It does display SMS and you can type SMS through it too :) and on top of that it still transfers the message to you mobile so you can view it again later.
It also records convesations which I find very handy so you can jot down notes when you stop driving.
If your battery on the phone does run out just put your sim card in the unit and use it like a phone in its own right as it also has an antenna so you even get better reception.
The best thing about it is you can leave the phone in your pocket and still screen the phone calls and the phone lasts all day without a charge and thats with heavy usage.
Best phone kit I ever had....
You have to have the 6230 phone or a mobile that supports remote sim service.

M.

When using the Nokia 610 car kit the 6230 goes to sleep, so the hard wired car kit is doing all the work so the phone battery dooes not get hammered. The MB kit is currently configured so it supports earlier bluetooth protocols such as the 6310i which the nokia 610 kit does not support this model

It does? Fantastic, then that's exactly what I've been waiting for! Thanks will see what sort of price I can get it fitted for :bannana:

I would budget around £300 - £350 for the 610 kit supplied and fitted depending on audio muting,aerial etc

Tim

Aswall said:
It does? Fantastic, then that's exactly what I've been waiting for! Thanks will see what sort of price I can get it fitted for :bannana:
I bought it from this site mPhone £238.00 delivered then £65.00 fitting + £15.00 for arial. Fitted by local car audio shop. :bannana: :bannana:

6310i

Steve i have a 6310i which was installed by MB it works fine at the moment through my audio unit and using the set is all done from steering wheel they have assured me that when (if ) i get a comand fitted it will work through this too

Aswall said:
Don't believe everything you read about bluetooth and battery life Steve, I've got a Nokia 6230 which has the bluetooth on constantly and is used regularly with a Nokia BT phone kit and lasts 2-3 days depending on phone use (sometimes quite heavy use, got 2 days max out of a T610 for example). As a test I left BT off completely for a few days last week and it made no discernible difference to the battery life, still ran out after 2.5 days

HTH

Thats good life out of a 6230, mine is shite, lasts about a day. I going back to my 8910i and guna sell the 6230. Do miss the ecellent screen though.

I have a 6820 opens out to a querty keyboard and it will last nearly 3-days with the bluetooth on...;)

Aswall

I must correct my earlier post in that you can only send messages that are on the templates within the 610,s memory you cannot actualy compose new txt mesages but it will display all received messages and will allow you to reply including the message you just received.
Sorry if I misled you... :eek:

That's ok I had a look on the Nokia site in the meantime and anyway the ability to receive is much more important to me. Sending on the move would be a bit dodgy anyway and I could make up a template to say "I have received your text but am currently driving so will get back to you as soon as I am able to". Thanks for the info

Quick idea for 6230 owners - try disabling the backdrop altogether. Read in another forum that it extends battery life. I have tried it, and I agree. I don't use the phone all that much each day and the standby has increased noticably as a result.

Thanks for the tip but the battery life seems fine to me, I've never had better than 2-3 days from any colour phone and that's plenty for me. I like my backdrop photos as well :D

scotth_uk said:
Quick idea for 6230 owners - try disabling the backdrop altogether. Read in another forum that it extends battery life. I have tried it, and I agree. I don't use the phone all that much each day and the standby has increased noticably as a result.

i got rid of my backdrop pretty quickly as I couldnt read caller ID's properly or see the voicemail icon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom