Nokia 6230i vs SE K750i

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
Which is the better handset as a 'phone? I'm not fussed about the other bits.

Anyone have experience of both handsets?

TIA, David

no - just have a 6230 which I'm pleased with except it scratches real easy and I think you need a new body and a new screen to make it box-fresh.

Last edited:
Same here, just the 6230i which I've had for about 4 months - no problems or issues whatsoever.

I think this will be an interesting issue, most people have a distinct preference towards one phone or another, and hence this will give a (thought not deliberate) bias on their opinions.

Personally, I have had Sony Ericssons for many years now, and I find current Nokias difficult and awkward to use, nor do I like any of their current models (some of their recent designs have left me wondering just how one is supposed to use the phone). I have got used to the way SE's work, and so having to use a 6230 as a company phone I found to be a particularly awkward and uncomfortable experience.

What have your past phones been? Are you looking for a complete change, or would you like some familiarity of operation?

Just gone from an Ericcson T610 to a 6230i and I think its a very good phone indeed.

The K750i doesnt offer an awful lot more IMO as they are both fully feature packed but it does have the option for an add on flash unit for the camera which for me would be useful. Whereas the Nokia has Express on covers so it doesnt matter so much if you scratch the screen or case as its only £10 to replace.

Both phones however suffer from pretty short battery life.

DolphiN Tech said:
What have your past phones been? Are you looking for a complete change, or would you like some familiarity of operation?

I've had a 6310i for ages & a 6210 before that. Love them. 6310i is indestructable and the battery lasts for ages. Had a Moto V3 for 6 months this year. didn't like it. Menu system very unwieldy.

I have the chance of a free handset upgrade and the two sets in question are available, amongst others. I'm inclined to go for the Nokia, only coz I think they're ok. All reviews put the two pretty much level.

Thanks to all so far.

Like you had 6310i. Went for 6230i for familiarity - being a Nokia - the menus are then instictive.

Had for 4 months. No problems.

Marc

Apart from the familiar menus, it's nice being able to keep any accessories like car chargers / headsets / etc. too. I had a 6100 before.

jukie said:
I've had a 6310i for ages & a 6210 before that. Love them. 6310i is indestructable and the battery lasts for ages. Had a Moto V3 for 6 months this year. didn't like it. Menu system very unwieldy.

same here, moto has the worst interface in the mobile industry whereas nokias is the best!! but then theres apples which is the market leader!

I've had the 750i for the past 6 weeks and I love it to bits. It's the best phone I've ever had. Prev had a Moto 525 which was/is still good. Like most things they all have functions that the other doesn't that you wish it did. It all depends what you want from the phone. For me the 2 megapixel camera, MP3 player, Radio and upgradable memory stick memory(currently 1gb) was what I was looking for and I make extensive use of all of them.

I have to disagree on the battery life. Mine runs usually on a weekly perhaps twice weekly charge and is great. It's never off!

Took some pic's today of the deep frost, will post later if I get chance.

Edited - see these:

colda59.jpg

colda59cowparsleya.jpg

colda59cowparsleyb.jpg

colda59hillsa.jpg

colda59hillsb.jpg

Not bad for a phone eh? :D

Last edited:
My other half has recently got a K750i and loves it. I have a K600i which is quite cool too, although knowing what I know now about 3G I too would have chosen the K750i.

Get a K750i and have it flashed up with the W800i firmware.....

WLeg said:
Get a K750i and have it flashed up with the W800i firmware.....

Interesting! Is it easy/safe to do? What would it give me?

Kinda off topic as the thread is specifically about the 6230i or K750i but....

I'm really enjoying the Nokia N70 at the moment :D

I do agree with DolphiN Tech though, people on the whole seem to fall into the Nokia camp or SE camp and I'm the former. I've had a look at friends and colleages' SE's and the OS/menu system leaves me cold. I much prefer Nokia's Series 60 (now remonikered 'S60') GUI. Cut my teeth on a 7650 and so the N70 is a joy to use.

*EDIT* Pammy, great piccies there! :)

S.

Sp!ke said:
Both phones however suffer from pretty short battery life.

This IS a guess, but I'm guessing both of the phones you tried were supplier branded? The supplier specific firmware is, to put it bluntly, f*cking appalling (working in the industry, I have the consummate joy of seeing this stuff every day).

After reloading the original manufacturer firmware, without branding modifications, onto T610's, K700's, 6230's and the like, the battery life increased by about 50%

jukie - Given that your last 2 phones have been the defacto Nokia business phones (62/6310), you would be well served to stay with Nokias. However, do try the latest SE's and see if you can get on with them, they are superb bits of kit.

Personally, at the moment I'm waiting for the P990. From what I've seen so far, this has the potential to be something very special.

Last edited:
It basicaly makes it into a W800i ! - better camera software, MP3 walkman, and some other bits.

DolphiN Tech said:
jukie - Given that your last 2 phones have been the defacto Nokia business phones (62/6310), you would be well served to stay with Nokias. However, do try the latest SE's and see if you can get on with them, they are superb bits of kit.

Nokia 9300 is a good step up from the 6310i , its about the same size and its just so useable. Why take two packages when you can do pretty much everything on one ? 9300 also is good for presentations with the bluetooth VGA adapter.

i have a w800i as a personalfone and a 6230i as a company fone. i find the nokia is a better business user fone with user friendly menus whereas the w800i takes abit of time getting used to but the features are much better on the w800i especially if you are into mp3's, emailing, etc ,etc. personally i prefer the nokia because of its simplicity and as is with the case with most SE fones, the battery life is crap even though it states over 100 hrs standby time. feature and technology wise the samung and SE are the current leaders at the moment and the more desired brands in the uk.

I'm due an upgrade from my 6230i now, but still very happy with it and can't see a newer handset that looks any better for what I want. So considering a free upgrade to another 6230i and giving the old one to my other half (who needs a new phone)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom