Nokia 6310 Unlock? Want to change providers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drifting

Car
C220 CDI, Diesel Estate
May be of use to someone, but I have finally given up on Orange after 16 years of poor service coverage, going to try Vodaphone as I believe they have the best coverage?

Anyway, you may find this site useful for unlocking your phone from Orange, or any of the others for that matter.

http://www.lur.nu/unlock/nokia_eng.php

Just unlocked mine from Orange mine :bannana:

Paul.

Probably, I can hardly remember what I did yesturday! All I know is that I ended up with Orange and I started with someone else?

Probably not the first or the last time I am wrong? But I know we have been in business for 16 years, and only ever used the same company? Who did Orange buy then?

As a side note, my changing from Orange has proved useful, I can now get a signal at home :) Considering they are now French and my proximity to said country, you would have thought some signal would have bounced across?

Paul.

I have to say yes Vodaphone is known for there unbeatable signal strenth I myself have Vodaphone and have always got a very strong and clear signal

A bit of history courtesy of wikipedia ;)

Microtel Communications Ltd was formed in April 1990 as a consortium comprising Pactel Corporation, British Aerospace, BOC and Hutchison Whampoa (British Aerospace soon acquired full control of the company). In 1991 Microtel was awarded a license to develop a mobile network in the UK, and in July 1991 Hutchison Telecommunications (UK) Ltd acquired Microtel from BAe. BAe was paid in Hutchison Telecommunications (UK) Ltd. shares, giving the company a 30% share. Microtel was renamed Orange Personal Communications Services Ltd. in 1994. Wolff Olins and advertising agency WCRS created the Orange brand. (The logo is square because a round Orange logo was already in existence designed by leading Graphic Designer Neville Brody for the reprographics and printing firm that is also known as Orange). The Orange network was launched on 28 April 1994.

Orange plc was formed in 1995 as a holding company for the Orange group. France Télécom formed the present company in 2001 after acquiring Orange plc (which had been acquired by Mannesmann AG, itself purchased by Vodafone shortly after, leading Vodafone to divest Orange) and merging its existing mobile operations into the company. The company was initially 100% owned by France Télécom (although there were and remain minority investors in some of the national operating companies). In 2001 15% was sold in an IPO, but in 2003 this was bought back in.

My very first mobile phone was on Hutchinson Telecom too. Bought it from Comet, a wonderful analogue Sony, reduced from £800 to £400 in a promotion. Still got it too.

Back then I could take it to school without fear of confiscation, as the teachers would never have expected a pupil to have a mobile. ;)

My very first mobile phone was on Hutchinson Telecom too. Bought it from Comet, a wonderful analogue Sony, reduced from £800 to £400 in a promotion. Still got it too.

Back then I could take it to school without fear of confiscation, as the teachers would never have expected a pupil to have a mobile. ;)

Was it the Sony Mars Bar?

My first phone was analogue too. Was an NEC P4. A top phone in its day :cool:

Relax! I was just going to ask you if you started off with an analogue mobile before switching to gsm... :rolleyes:

Wasn't getting shirty? It was a genuine question? who then? :)

But I think it's all been answered, and yes it was analogue, huge Nokia brick.

Paul.

Wasn't getting shirty?

No, not this time :rolleyes:.

But I think it's all been answered, and yes it was analogue, huge Nokia brick.

Brings back memories... I had one with an external battery, bloody heavy and big those things were.

Then, when GSM came out, got myself a Siemens S4 with a handsfree car kit and 8W booster (reception wasn't that great in the early GSM days in Belgium - no chance of calling in the Ardennes unless you had the booster). I'm getting old! :crazy:

hehe , a trip down memory lane.

Say hello to my first mobile back in 1991 on vodafone analogue.

Was tiny at the time compared to the complete bricks that were going about.

Attachments

• smallolivia.jpg
    smallolivia.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 53
Was it the Sony Mars Bar?
It was the Mars bar's predecessor. Got several boxed Mars bar phones though. A master piece of modern design IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom