Nokia 6310i Phone Book

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

db1

Hi,

I have a COMAND with a Nokia 6310i. I synch this with Outlook which has multiple numbers with each name. However on the COMAND menu, there seems to be no way to display (and choose) one of multiple numbers. COMAND seems to select the first number in the list only. Therefore you need to "fudge" the address book with the relevant numbers in the first position to get this to work.

Does anyone have any ideas on this, or am I missing something here?

thanks

DB

I think it is a software issue specific to the nokia 6310i and also the 6210.

I found if you switch the phonebook numbers from phone to sim memory (where the multiple number feature doesnt work) the nokia creates a new record for each number so 10 people with 3 numbers each on the phone memory translates to 30 individual addresses/phone numbers on the sim memory.

bottom line, I dont think there is a work around or proper solution to achieve what you want.

besides, if someone phones you how do you know if they are calling from office, home or mobile?? I prefer seperate number records myself.

:p

I think you are right in terms of the limitations. Normally I would agree with you about separate records, however where this does not work is when you are also synchronising the phone and your PDA with Outlook Contacts. Then having a separate name/number combination for each persons number is not really feasible in my view. At least that is true if you want 2 way synch between phone and Outlook.

If you don't want 2 way synch (ie you are happy to enter numbers twice; once in Outlook and Phone) then your strategy may be OK.

The alternative is to synch all the numbers to the phone - using the phone software, you can copy one primary number for each contact to the "General" category (which is the one it picks up first) and that will display OK on COMAND. It means you cannot get access to the other numbers though...not too good.

An incoming call should display the number on COMAND, but again you are right in that it would not map to a location or stored number/name.

I am going to do some testing..I would have thought this must be a common problem...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom