Nokia 6320 in Mercedes cradle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rory

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C270CDi Estate (late 2004 facelift model) - Bought 2005, Sold 2022.
I currently have a Nokia 6310i working fine through the factory installed phone kit with add on cradle, and it's using the external aerial.

Does anyone know, if I replace this with a Nokia 6230 and the appropriate cradle, is this somehow still able to use the outside aerial, even though the phone doesn't have an aerial connector (as the 6310i does). Or does it just rely on the phones internal antenna?

Rory said:
I currently have a Nokia 6310i working fine through the factory installed phone kit with add on cradle, and it's using the external aerial.

Does anyone know, if I replace this with a Nokia 6230 and the appropriate cradle, is this somehow still able to use the outside aerial, even though the phone doesn't have an aerial connector (as the 6310i does). Or does it just rely on the phones internal antenna?

It relies on a proximity aerial in the cradle which is connected to the car. There is more than enough boost from this method to overcome your fears of poor signal.

Thanks for this - I hoped that would be the case, but I was a little concerned because apparently even the official Nokia inductive coupler doesn't work very well.

Rory said:
Thanks for this - I hoped that would be the case, but I was a little concerned because apparently even the official Nokia inductive coupler doesn't work very well.

If the Nokia coupler was attached to a Mercedes aerial then it would work better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom