Nokia Bluetooth (RichardM)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OGiii

Car
W211 E200 K - they don't make em like they used to, which is why it's been replaced with a 911 :)
Nokia Blueetooth (RichardM)

Richard

I noticed from the nice new pics in the members section that you've got the Nokia Bluetooth kit.

I'm thinking of using the same kit in my new E when it eventually comes. I currently have 2 phones on dual sims - one for the Nokia Car Kit and one tasteful little number (with Bluetooth). I want to stick with one because GPRS isn't available with Vodafone on Dual Sims.

How do you find the Bluetooth solution? Is the call quality as good as the standard kits? Not bothered about not being able to charge the phone - like you said in one of your other threads when I did a search around, the batteries last forever these days.

Thanks in advance.

OG

Hey OG,

There is a new bluetooth option that does not require any installation. I'm not sure if you're interested, but here is the link:
http://www.driveblue.com

I think its pretty clever. It works by just plugging it into the cigarette adaptor. I haven't tried it myself, but I'm planning to get it within the next month. I'm just waiting for more reviews to come through.

Here is a review by mobileburn:
http://mobile.burn.com/review.jsp?Id=369

Thanks for the info Gary, that's a great bit of kit.

I'll probably stick with an installed option for my car (company car) but this looks like a good option for Mrs OG.

Cheers
OG

OGiii

I have used the Nokia CARK112 BT kit since it came out and I find it great. The call quality is just as good as my previous wired Nokia carkits and it has worked flawlessly in the last 2 cars I have owned. With both BMW and Merc it mutes the stereo on receiving a call and I have an adapter lead that puts the sound through the front speakers giving it a much better sound than using the Nokia speaker. I used to use it with a 6310 but now have an Ericsson T610 which works fine with it, both connect within seconds automatically on turning the ignition on. Incidentally the Nokia kit will NOT work with the Ericsson T68i as that used a different profile but the T610 uses both of the two alternative carkit profiles. I don't even get the phone out of my jacket pocket as the T610 announces the caller's name and I very rarely initiate a call when driving and, if I do, the voice dialling works fine. The only difference I found between BT and wired Nokia kits is that the SMS alert does not come through the car with Bluetooth, but that doesn't bother me as I wouldn't read it 'til I'd stopped anyway.

One other thing though, although the sound quality seems good I recently used a Parrot CK3000 in a mate's car and that did seem to have the edge.

Cheers
Andy

I don't like any cheap looking cigarette lighter plug in tat. Just my opinion!

Hi OG,

Like Andy I previously had the CARK-91 wired car and when I changed cars decided to go for the Bluetooth kit, both for convenience (leaving the phone in your pocket) and for the neatness as there is no cradle. I wouldn't fancy one stuck in the cigarette lighter either as it would mean leaving the ashtray open all the time (that’s why I've just hard wired my road angel). As you've seen me mention before battery charging isn't an issue, even when mine goes down to one bar it still has 24hrs left. Bluetooth does drain the battery quicker though but not substantially.

Overall I'm very impressed with it, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. It doesn't have an external antenna obviously which I think helps to give better call quality but you wouldn't have that using an ear piece or holding the phone to your ear.

I couldn't have it wired to the speakers of the W211 as it apparently uses fibre optic wiring to/from the amplifier so I had to go with the Nokia speaker. This is greatly improved over the CARK-91 kit and it can be turned up much louder (that was my main complaint with the CARK-91 I couldn't always hear people when travelling at speed).

If you've got any more questions just ask. If you want to hear the call quality I can give you a call on it.

Richard.

Originally posted by Aswall
OGiii

I have used the Nokia CARK112 BT kit since it came out and I find it great.

Thanks for your input Andy

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
I don't like any cheap looking cigarette lighter plug in tat. Just my opinion!
Agreed - wife never turns her phone on anyway:crazy:

Originally posted by RichardM
Hi OG,

Like Andy I previously had the CARK-91 wired car and when I changed cars decided to go for the Bluetooth kit, both for convenience (leaving the phone in your pocket) and for the neatness as there is no cradle. I wouldn't fancy one stuck in the cigarette lighter either as it would mean leaving the ashtray open all the time (that’s why I've just hard wired my road angel). As you've seen me mention before battery charging isn't an issue, even when mine goes down to one bar it still has 24hrs left. Bluetooth does drain the battery quicker though but not substantially.

Overall I'm very impressed with it, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. It doesn't have an external antenna obviously which I think helps to give better call quality but you wouldn't have that using an ear piece or holding the phone to your ear.

I couldn't have it wired to the speakers of the W211 as it apparently uses fibre optic wiring to/from the amplifier so I had to go with the Nokia speaker. This is greatly improved over the CARK-91 kit and it can be turned up much louder (that was my main complaint with the CARK-91 I couldn't always hear people when travelling at speed).

If you've got any more questions just ask. If you want to hear the call quality I can give you a call on it.

Richard.
Thanks Richard, I'll be going for this then. Pitty about the speakers. My current car (Volvo) is so noisey on the motorway that you need extra volume but hoepfully the E won;t be anywhere near as bad!!

The offer of a phone call is really kind, thanks, but I'll trust you:D

Thanks again everybody!

Cheers
OG

Aswall,

On the Nokia CAR 112 kit, is it possible to use the remote buttons with the multifunction of the the steering wheel to answer or reject a call.
If this is possible I will be very much interested to know.
Thanks

I wouldn't have thought so, and the remote control for the Nokia kit is so small and neat that shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah, Richard is right. I'd never say anything was impossible when it comes to things like this as I have seen people spend incredible time and effort to achieve what they want, but I don't know any way of doing it.

Cheers
Andy

PS I feel guilty when one of my posts appears under yours Richard, sorry yes I did copy your way of doing the signature strip. At least I varied the angles though :D

Last edited:
Originally posted by Aswall
PS I feel guilty when one of my posts appears under yours Richard, sorry yes I did copy your way of doing the signature strip. At least I varied the angles though :D

I copied Brian so don't worry!

Originally posted by Brian WH
Cheat.:D :D :D

I see the interior shot in your signature is in fact of my car :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom