Nokia Car kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VikJ

Car
2014 W246 B180CDi AMG Line Premium
My C200 has an Original Nokia Car kit installed by the last owner. The cradle/charger is for an 8310. I went to a few places near where I live and no one sells the cradle and the cable for my 7210. I have to pay £265 to have a new kit fitted!

Before I go down that route and then Ebay the old one, does anyone know of any places that sell just the cradle and the power cable?

Thanks in advance.

the new kit will be exactly like your old kit but with a different cradle - Sucks huh?

try these people i'm sure they will help you:

http://www.expansys.com/

Originally posted by Koolvin
the new kit will be exactly like your old kit but with a different cradle - Sucks huh?

try these people i'm sure they will help you:

http://www.expansys.com/

I had same trouble with mmy Ericsson kit. Just the cradle is changeable, but when the new range came out they changed the voltage which = whole new kit :(

I can vouch for Expansys. Always very prompt service.

It may be worth checking with Nokia. They may have a spares department. The number for Nokia is 014804-34343. They must have spares for cases where the cradle get damaged or is faulty. It may be worth approaching them from this angle rather than saying you are changing the cradle coz it does not fit your new phone.

Good luck

Tan

I had the CARK-91 in my last car for the 7110 and wanted to change the phone to an 8310. From what I could see on the Nokia site the car kits looked the same except for the phone holder. The response from Nokia was:

Unfortunately you are unable to convert the CARK-91 into a CARK-132 by using any exisiting parts.

Unfortunately we are unable to send you any installation
instructions.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Yours sincerely

Nokia Service Professional
UK & Ireland Team

In the end I waited until I changed the car then got a bluetooth car kit fitted.

Originally posted by RichardM

In the end I waited until I changed the car then got a bluetooth car kit fitted.

I like the idea of bluetooth in the car, but you still need a holster of some sort to secure the phone and Bluetooth isn't going to charge the battery up either.

Charging the phone doesn't bother me, modern phone's tend to last a week on standby, my Nokia 6310i will last 24 hours after it has gone down to one bar. I keep a phone charger lead in the car but I've never had to use it.

Having no phone holder is fine with me as well (although the new E class does have a pop out phone holder!) I just keep the phone in my pocket and the bluetooth connects.

Hi, I found this article whilst trying to find out if bluetooth car kits will be legal under new laws that are due to come into force in March.

Regards

Tan

The Danish engineering mag "Ingeniøren" (the engineer) has this story last week:
"Mobile phones in cars can increase cancer risk" is the headline.
Citing Christoffer Johansen, research director for cancer.dk, he says "...the temperaturen inside the brain of Denmarks ca. 4 million mobile subscribers increases with 1/4 degree (centigrade) after 1/2 hours use...this causes concentration difficulties...." He suggests that the antenna should be moved outside the car, to decrease the risk. The auto manufacturer Daimler/Chrysler has issued a warning to customers not to use mobile phones in cars unless the car has an outside antenna. About 1/3 of Daimler/Chrysler's customers have external antennas mounted on their new cars. The new article also referes to the previous articles on mobile phones inside train cars, which we have previously discussed in this group, and the Danish/Swedish studies of mobile phone and cancer also previously posted to this group.

You could also try Landalow Plc (www.landalow.co.uk). I needed a new cradle for my CARK-91 and they had them at about £35 +postage. They usually seem quite good for spares.

although...

I doubt that a new cradle will cut it though, the 7210 is a much newer phone and the firmware in the 8310 car kit is unlikely to recognise the phone or charge it.

After searching High and Low, I decided to go ahead and buy a new car kit for my 7210.

For anyone who is looking for one, found that www.directmobileaccessories.co.uk were the cheapest at £100 inc Vat and P+P. Hoping that I shouldn't need to do a great deal of wiring due to the one already installed!

I'll let you know. My brother showed some vague interest!

If not, its yours for £50. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom