Nokia Cark 91...fitting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanA2

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL60 AMG, GES300, Lexus GS 430
Does anyone know how long it should take fit one of these handsfree kits into a 129? It's for a 6310i. My feeling is about 1 1/2 hours. Does this seem reasonable? Also is it necessary to dismantle anything, eg on or about the dash?

Thanks folks

Does anyone know how long it should take fit one of these handsfree kits into a 129? It's for a 6310i. My feeling is about 1 1/2 hours. Does this seem reasonable? Also is it necessary to dismantle anything, eg on or about the dash?

Thanks folks

You can do it in an Hour, I used the light switch for a live feed if you want it on all the time, if you are happy with key 1, then tap into the cigar lighter feed, I put the loudspeaker up under the passenger kick panel and a licence holder for the antenna, the wire is thin enough to push between the glove box and the A pillar.
attachment.php

if your going to go to the trouble of fitting in a car kit , fit a bluetooth one.

if your going to go to the trouble of fitting in a car kit , fit a bluetooth one.

Funnily enough I'm taking the Parrot out and puttng the Cark 91 in.....Parrot didn't work that well and there's also the power issue.

Funnily enough I'm taking the Parrot out and puttng the Cark 91 in.....Parrot didn't work that well and there's also the power issue.

im surprised to hear that. did you try a firmware upgrade on the parrot unit? and whats the power issue?

It's just easier to slot the phone into the cradle to phone keeps charged, easy to access and simple to use. Mrs A uses that car and didn't like the Parrot. Can't say I did either. I've got a Becker to put in the 60 which is bluetooth and I'm told works well. We'll see, if it doesn't I'll just put in another Cark91.

It's just easier to slot the phone into the cradle to phone keeps charged, easy to access and simple to use. Mrs A uses that car and didn't like the Parrot. Can't say I did either. I've got a Becker to put in the 60 which is bluetooth and I'm told works well. We'll see, if it doesn't I'll just put in another Cark91.

ah right :) the reason i was asking is my father is a big user of the 6310i so ive had to keep him going in spares and batteries and handsfree solutions for years now.

he used a parrot 3200ls for a few years and had no problems with it. To get round the power solution i setup a charging station at the door he leaves the house/ comes into the hosue by with a desktop cradle and got him into the habit of dropping the phone onto the cradle when he comes in and collecting it when he leaves.

Ian

Agree about the charging situation and there is also reading text too.

I'm going to install a Nokia CK-7W (when the mute cable gets here - long story!) You can use it with a cradle like the Cark91 but it is also bluetooth!

May be worth looking at

Ian

Agree about the charging situation and there is also reading text too.

I'm going to install a Nokia CK-7W (when the mute cable gets here - long story!) You can use it with a cradle like the Cark91 but it is also bluetooth!

May be worth looking at

Hm...that sounds good, do you suppose I could just hack up a Cark91 anduse it soley as a charger whilst using the bluetooth/becker? (Assuming it works... not fittted yet). Cark91 kits can be had for forty squids these days on flea bay. I think the becker shows texts...we'll see...I hope!

O/T - how do you do that then?

Should be instructions on their website , but basially you pair it with bluetooth on your laptop and update it over the internet with the bluetooth laptop or dongle connected to the parrot kit in the car.

Works well , takes about 5 mins :)

CARK-91 and 6310i is an unbeatable combination. It has an aerial connection that the bluetooth doesn't have. You can setup an in-car profile to keep the phone illumination on when in the car and it interfaces nicely with most stereos for phone mute and / or phone through the speakers

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Hm...that sounds good, do you suppose I could just hack up a Cark91 anduse it soley as a charger whilst using the bluetooth/becker? (Assuming it works... not fittted yet). Cark91 kits can be had for forty squids these days on flea bay.

I believe you would have to cut audio wires, if nothing else from the Cark91 connector, to disable the phone detecting being connected to a kit. I have not tried but I assume the phone would not connect to a BT HF device if it is connected to a car kit. But it should charge the phone if the ground and live wires are connected, just like from a cigarette lighter charger (even it that is using a different connector).

You can actually use the Cark-91 kit for more recent phones too, with a pop-port connector adapter cable (there are phone holders that have fixed pop-port connector where this one can be attached, works then just like the Nokia 6310i, place the phone to the cradle and it starts charging and audio gets connected to the kit).

http://europe.nokia.com/link?cid=EDITORIAL_173590

I have the ck-7w, installed 3 years ago, works well with both the cradle+antenna and for other bluetooth phones. get the muting cable for the stereo.
Any Nokia phone with a pop port can be plugged in.

Only issue I have is that I have two phones one in the cradle and one bluetooth and both cant be connected at the same time.

Not at all. If I hear a text come in I pull over - seriously.

Glad to hear it ....but if so why do you need it to be in the car kit to read????:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom