nokia CK-1W code needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spera

Car
2002 E CLASS 270CDI AUTO AVANTGARDE
I have a nokia bluetooth which is CK-1W and not CK-7W .CK-7W password is either 0000 or 1234 when reset but this does not apply to mine.I need the code for my CK-1W,having read many posts it is the last 4 digits on the unit , I checked behind the glove box but it isnt there as far as I can see.I have therefore tried to find the unit by tracing the wires that seem to be to be heading towards the head unit.Is there a how to to remove head unit and if not any advice on how to remove it or find nokia control unit for the digits , as always your inputs would be most appreciated.

Mine is tucked away near/behind the radio head unit and was pretty easy to spot. It has the bluetooth pairing code printed on it.

A set of Merc Audio removal tools from e-bay should do the job - about £3.

The user manual for a CK-1W from Nokia web site says the code is 0000.

The manual has a funny statement:
■ The card in the sales package
The card contains the generic Bluetooth passcode (0000) you need for pairing
your phone with the Wireless Car Kit. Keep the card in a safe and secure place.

Why is it important to keep the the card in a safe place when the generic 0000 code is used? These devices do not need a secret pairing code.

The code on mine was 0363 and it must have been set to this when the unit was made as it is printed on the unit.

Maybe they altered this from 0000 at some point?

The user manual for a CK-1W from Nokia web site says the code is 0000.

The manual has a funny statement:
■ The card in the sales package
The card contains the generic Bluetooth passcode (0000) you need for pairing
your phone with the Wireless Car Kit. Keep the card in a safe and secure place.

Why is it important to keep the the card in a safe place when the generic 0000 code is used? These devices do not need a secret pairing code.

The 0000 code tends to be for the CK-7W ,it resets to 0000 or 1234 when you press the rest button. The CK-1W however has its code taken from the last 4 digits on the box fitted in my case behind the head unit.I have bought some keys off ebay so hopefully soon I will find my code.

code found at last for nokia

I checked behind the glove compartment no joy so I casually looked to where the wires from the speaker and nokia button were heading this lead me to behind the head command unit which I removed thanks to a link on this site but alas no joy.This time I thoroughly checked where the wires lead to and after a deceiptful little u turn I found it hidden behind the carpet at the side of the centre console. 2886 result!!!!!!!!!!
Thankyou for all your support at least I know how to remove header unit etc and not bad for a first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom