Nokia CK-7W vs. sterring wheel controls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

allias

Car
00' W210 Est 320CDI
Friend of mine just bought E210 with factory radio with Nokia CK-7W bluetooth kit and he can operate everything thru his sterring wheel.

How?? Is all included with kit for Merc or is it something special?

Anyone??

No idea! My Ck-7w only has a basic button - do not know of a MOST integration. Are you sure it is not a factory bluetooth kit?

No idea! My Ck-7w only has a basic button - do not know of a MOST integration. Are you sure it is not a factory bluetooth kit?
Mine is the same - 1 button to use the system. If there is a way to use wheel controls I'd love to know how.

What options does CK-7W come with?Can you plug output singal into car stereo or have to use this "old fashion" speaker?? I understand it will mute stereo while calling - yes? Anything else?

What options does CK-7W come with?Can you plug output singal into car stereo or have to use this "old fashion" speaker?? I understand it will mute stereo while calling - yes? Anything else?
I presume it is done through the stereo as it will mute on receipt of a call/text and comes through the car speakers, Also allows volume control on the nokia control button.

Picks up the phone even if it is in my coat in the boot as soon as I get in the car - can't fault it in any way and I've had a number of car kits in the company cars I've had through work.

There was one already fitted in my car when I bought it. I believe it has its own speaker, but it does indeed mute the radio/COMAND when in use otherwise it's a standalone unit. There is no integration with any of the displays in the car. It supports voice activated dialling over Bluetooth as long as your phone does. This means with my phone in my pocket I press the solitary button, wait for the beep, say "Phone home" and it does. Brilliant!

Installation guide

Edited to add the sound quality is excellent, both in the car and on the receiving end. Also you can connect the CK-7W's speaker output to a suitable AUX input of your radio.

Last edited:
I have one of these in my W211 - works a treat. Each model has a specific lead which allows sound/volume/mute through the car speakers (but not through the steering wheel controls) - not cheap though and it is a pretty tight fit behind the Audio20. Got mine on ebay but you might want to start here to get details. Also, I'm sure the guys at Comand Online (Alfie & Richard) would be able to help

Is there a suitable cable for that?

Acording to the installation guide a speaker cable is supplied. It would just be a question of putting the correct connector on it to suit your radio.

Acording to the installation guide a speaker cable is supplied. It would just be a question of putting the correct connector on it to suit your radio.

So basicly there is no SUITALBE cable for it :doh:. Ok maybe Im picky... is it just a plug a cable problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom