Nokia E71 into SL500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goodpw

Car
C270cdi Av (Gone) CLK500 Avantgarde (Gone) SL500 (R230)
Hi All.
I would like to fit my Nokia E71 into my SL500 (R230) 2002.
The car already has a Nokia 6310i fitted with the cradle in the armrest, but it does not want to work for some reason so I might as well use my E71, but how?
I have found a cradle (A2048204251) to suit my E71, but what else will I need to make it compatible with car ?
Cheers, Phil.

Phil
Your cradle is a fixed Nokia 6310i system. It changed for Model Year 2004 to an exchangeable cradle system, but you can't use the cradles as system is very different.

You have 2 choices
Remove existing system, install UHI system and Bluetooth cradle (about £600 in parts and a few hours to fit - as it essentially a new system)

Fix existing system, if actually broken, and add Viseeo MBU-1000 which will give you bluetooth. With the E71 you will possibly have to manually send your contacts to the MBU-1000. Significantly less than £600 + fitting

Richard

Thanks Guys.
If it was straight forward I would have liked to use my E71 but it looks like fix the 6310i (if it is broken) will be the best option.
I will have a better look tonight to see if any of the pins are bent or poor contact, If this doesn't sort it I will have a look at the controller, I believe the numbers I need are A203 820 51 85 or A203 820 25 85.

The COMAND shows either 'Phone unplugged' or 'Initializing phone' but will not boot up. The phone appears to be charging OK.

cheers for the help. Phil.

Hi Guys.
No joy getting the 6310i working so I pulled fuse f76 out of the board below the cubby hatch.
Phone charger & CD changer turned off. I left it out for about an hour, plugged it back in & display tells me 'NO PHONE' :crazy:
I now need to know how to get access to the Nokia controller to check the numbers match the 6310i phone.

Cheers, goody.

Hi Richard.
Yes the phone charges & there does not seem to be any damage to the pins.
Cheers for the useful links but looking at them I think you could be right about it being tricky, I appreciate the help but I might give up.
regards, Goody.

Am I just being a dumbass, is there a particular phone setting that i've missed somehow ???

Last edited:
If you are down near Lightwater (about 4 hours away from you :-( ), Alfie or i will look and work out whats wrong.

As long as the 6310i is ON, the system should recognise the phone as being there. I have a feeling it says 'No phone' if the phone is off.

Or, if you talk to comandonline, they'll have no issue with you buying the viseeo to try, and returning it if theres a fault with the car ..

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard.
Please can you send me some details on the Viseeo MBU-1000.
Cost & benefits / restrictions.
Cheers.
Phil.

It is not going to list everyone phone that works with it. E71 will work, search the forum I have seen past posts from others using the E71 with the Viseeo.

Yep, cheers done a search & it looks like E71 & MBU1000 are compatible. but £140 ish will still hurt when I have a system that nearly works so I still fancy getting my current system to live.
What are the chances that my car should have the earlier Nokia 6210 ?
Its a 2002 SL500 (R230).
When I picked the car up the guy said when he got the car it did not have a phone hand set, just the base etc, so its quite possible that he bought the 6310i phone & it never worked for him either ???
I might buy a cheapy 6210 ( £20 vs accessing the serial numbers on the controller).
Am I thinking of the correct phone ???

Cheers for the continued help & patience.
Goody.

Cheers NPUK. thats a great help.
Its def the 6310/6310i cradle on page 4 (right hand view) & the number on the cradle label ( next to the contact pins is A230 820 03 51

What software version is on the phone? Enter *#0000# to check. The phone needs to be above a certain version to work.

If you know anyone with a MB and 6310 phone system try their phone or their Viseeo in your car.

Or if you buy a Viseeo online you at least have the DSR to return it if it doesnt work. Richards already said if you get one from them they wont have a problem with you returning it.

Even if you got the system to work with a 6310 are you going to swap the sim everytime you get in and out of the car?

Last edited:
Here we go.
V5.52
13-04-04
NPL-1
(c)NMP

Agree with the idea about having a Viseeo to try but just want to try everything else before I ask people to start sending me stuff.
I appreciate your help on this.
Cheers. Goody.

Well software version is okay it should be V5.5 or above.

Nope...still no go.
I think I will take Richard up on his offer but I won't be able to take advantage of the discount as I have less than 100 posts, I know i could just go through the site answering everything in sight to boost my posts but that's hardly fair.
Cheers, Goody.

Well software version is okay it should be V5.5 or above.
Will a Viseeo MB2 work with my current set-up & Nokia E71.
Cheers, Phil.

I think I have just found the answer.
Mine is not a UHI connector.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom