Nokia N95

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by mcsailing, Jul 29, 2008.

1. mcsailing

mcsailing Hardcore MB Enthusiast

I am thinking of changing my phone to a Nokia N95 and have full uhi prewire in the car.I wondered if i could get a cradle for this phone or do i need to get one of the blue tooth units to plug in rather than a cradle

2. Diesel Benz

Diesel Benz Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
    I'm afraid there are very few new cradles for new phone models, haven't seen one for N95. I would buy the BT SAP adapter but read comments from existing N95 users first (I'm using E90 myself).

3. JohnnyRob

JohnnyRob Active Member

Car:
    1999 ML320
    The N95 is a brilliant phone - I have the original model, but don't get one just yet.....

The N96 is soon to be launched and is a far greater phone which spec include, amongst others - a built in digital TV receiver with aerial.

If it works (and I reckon it will) it will be the business and will start a new trend.

You will be able to plug it into your home TV and receive free view!!

4. DSLiverpool

DSLiverpool Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
    If you have the MB cupholder I find the top of it makes an excellent N95 slot - I use it with SAP and its just fine

5. Diesel Benz

Car:
    Off topic but why do you take the phone out of your pocket, or where ever you keep it? I would forget my phone to the car if I took if from my pocket.

6. Diesel Benz

Car:
    Another off topic but do you have DVB-H in the UK? Isn't N96 DVB-H instead of DVB-T?

7. SEM

SEM Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2007 C220 CDi SPORT & E350 Coupe Sport
    I tried the N95 as i thought might like going back to a Nokia phone. Hated it.. went back to SE touch screen. But i did like the look of the N97 which is supposed to rival the iphone... and it will have a touch screen.

8. DSLiverpool

DSLiverpool Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Subaru Outback 3.0Rn

I dont wear shirts with breast pockets and I never have a phone in my trouser pocket when seated - Im a carrier I spose :D

I dont forget it (mutch)

9. Chattonmill

Chattonmill Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S211 E55 AMG
    DVB-H is for handheld units whilst DVB-T is for terrestrial powered units, see wikpedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB-H

10. smartbrabus

smartbrabus Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Honda Integra Type-R (DC2)
    Intriguing... I think its fairly common knowledge that there is a S60 touchscreen phone coming out soon - anyone who has seen the new Batman film will have an idea what it looks like ;) It won't be called N97 though...

11. Diesel Benz

Car:
    If that was for me, then no thanks, I don't need the wikipedia for the terms. I was asking if DVB-H is available in the UK but the wiki link seemed to answer that question too.

12. itjustworks

itjustworks Member

the Nokia N95 has been out for ages but is still a top class phone.

The N96 is due to launch in August so personally i would hold out for that phone. Camera is that same but it looks like a nokia n81 (which feels better in the hand).

If you have the UHI connector then you have two options.

1) SAP cradle
    2) ViseeO MBU-2000

Both will work fine and display your contacts.

13. itjustworks

itjustworks Member

on a side note for those wondering about this phone featured in batman - it is called the nokia 'tube' - beleive the model number is 5800. It is part of thier music series (with alot more features) - so goes along with the likes of the Nokia 5300, 5310 and 5610.

From what i have heard it will have GPS but no 3G (will have edge and hsdpa instead i think). Like the other xpress music series phones i assume it will have a standard 3.5mm headphone jack and i read it will have the same camera as on the 5610 (3.2MP).

I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to mobile phones

14. smartbrabus

smartbrabus Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Honda Integra Type-R (DC2)
    Hehe... me too... (I kinda design them, 'n stuff ;))

Couldn't possibly confirm or deny any of the above, although I would say there are some innacuracies there (not in a bad way ;))

15. Diesel Benz

Car:
    Can you explain why you didn't list the MB BT HF cradle? I would personally suggest the SAP device but the HF one should work too, unless there are issues with phone book download?

And there are two BT SAP device options. :)

16. itjustworks

itjustworks Member

HFP will work but the phonebook won't download hence the reason i did not mention it

There are 2 SAP but i would get the latest (V2) which i just call SAP. Only thing against the SAP is that it is mainly Nokia that support SAP so if you change phone to like an Iphone then it won't work.

Up to each iniviual at the end of the day

17. Diesel Benz

Car:
    I agree that everyone needs to consider what is important from their own perspective.

I was referring to the BT SAP device that has the separate privacy handset versus the other model without the handset part. I believe both exist in V1 and V2, I would not buy V1 (anybody wants to buy my V1 :) ).

I should read more about the BT HF adapter, I guess it does not download even the SIM address book. On the other hand, with the new head units that have a "permanent" local address book, you don't even need the address book download feature. One more thing, I've read some using the phone book manager application or what ever it is, one that Nokia has for the N610 & N616 car kits, enabling phone book download in some cases. I don't remember where it did help.

Off topic but at another forum people claimed the iPhone BT adapter only works with iPhones, the argument was that the phone needs to be seated on the cradle before it works. I thought I was reading here that one could use other phone brands with the iPhone adapter, otherwise most of the BT concept gains would get lost. :confused:

Tags: