Nokia PC Suite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

Before I sold my Nokia 8800, I backed up all of my contacts with Nokia PC Suite, is there anyway to transfer these to my iphone, I was hoping that I could sync them via Outlook or something.

I would be even happy, if I could just see them all and then enter them by hand.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tan

I have done this before (not for iphone) but IIRC i used the outlook contacts importer which read the nokia contacts file..

There might be a 3rd party solution to this but when this happens at work I just dig up an old Nokia and restore to it then sync with Outlook. Once in outlook you'll probably need to use a phone-specific tool to sync (like a "Nokia Suite" for the iPhone I suppose).

You're not forced to use outlook though as I say there are other, phone-vendor-neutral tools to do this but your first step is probably to find an old nokia. You're probably fairly safe with contacts I don't know how it would cope with other things being restored to anything but the exact same model.

Hi

Before I sold my Nokia 8800, I backed up all of my contacts with Nokia PC Suite, is there anyway to transfer these to my iphone, I was hoping that I could sync them via Outlook or something.

I would be even happy, if I could just see them all and then enter them by hand.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tan

Unless you have deleted the program and data, lookin in progrms/nokia/etc
or in documents /nokia /etc or do a search on a known contact, and thus find where the file is stored.

if you have a nokia phone still you can get the contacts into outlook, in a section of syncronization.

hope that helps.

david

Best way would be get them restored to another Nokia and then copy contacts from the phone to sim or BT them accross to iphone.

You can borrow my Nokia if you need too.

I had a bit of a nightmare getting data from my wifes Samsung handset manager to iPhone - in the end I transfered it via GoogleMail contacts.

Fairly easy....

Use this Download NokNokWhosThere from SourceForge.net to create open format ".VCF" files for all your contacts from the Nokia backup file (it will be in documents & settings\"the user who did the backup"\application data\PC suite\"sim serial number"\PCCScontact.db)

Then import the .VCFs into Outlook, Yahoo or your choice of Itunes-can-sync-with-it PIM and then sync them onto the iPhone...

Fairly easy....

Use this Download NokNokWhosThere from SourceForge.net to create open format ".VCF" files for all your contacts from the Nokia backup file (it will be in documents & settings\"the user who did the backup"\application data\PC suite\"sim serial number"\PCCScontact.db)

Then import the .VCFs into Outlook, Yahoo or your choice of Itunes-can-sync-with-it PIM and then sync them onto the iPhone...
I knew there would be a cool 3rd party app for this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom