Nokia phone kit - Help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard W

Car
BMWs :-)
Hi Folks,

In my shiny new motor I have a phone kit, which according to the sticker on the back is for a Nokia 8210/8250.

I've tried allsorts of Nokias but don't have one that fits - does anyone have an 8210 in a draw - doesn't matter if it's not working I just need to know if it fits......

The second question is if I can't get an 8210 - can these kits have the phone connectors changed and work with other Nokias?

Thanks

R

the power cables and things should be the same. Might just be a case of changing the brain of the kit and the phone holder.

What phone do you have just now?

Have a variety of Ericsson T68i, Nokias (5210, 6510, 6210 5110) and Sony Z5, the other debate is as we're keeping the car for a while, do we get something new that will last with the car....?

I've got a car kit and speaker lead interface for the Sony Z5, but the plugs for the Nokia one are very different. I might have a go at following the colours of the wires... but that's not always the right way to do it ;)

And it's a must to have a kit, I see so much dangerous driving from people using phones and with the fines coming in....

R

BTW how did you write your sig - crossed out text?

In my shiny new motor I have a phone kit, which according to the sticker on the back is for a Nokia 8210/8250.

Interesting - Nokia never made a phone kit for those phones other than a lighter plug in. There was no external antennae connector on those phones.

I've tried allsorts of Nokias but don't have one that fits - does anyone have an 8210 in a draw - doesn't matter if it's not working I just need to know if it fits......

Damn! A week sooner and I could have helped. I just ditched an 8250 on ebay about 10 days back..... :-(

The second question is if I can't get an 8210 - can these kits have the phone connectors changed and work with other Nokias?

The 8210 and 8250's are pin/voltage compatible with the 33XX's and maybe even more phones from Nokia. Unless you are restricted by a phone holding cradle, there are a few other phones that will plug straight into the pins you have.

Given that the kit you have is probably aftermarket, you may just be able to change the adapter lead to something else.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Scott, yes the pins do match other Nokias, but the spacing and the size of the holder means that they won't fit - so if I could trace the manufacturer of the kit and get a new cradle.....:D

But no indication on the casing of the 'brain' as to who made it:confused:

R

I got a spare 8210 if you want it.
When I got my car I, I got a 6210 phone with it, so being clever I gave that one to my missus and "upgraded" my 8310 to 6310i as I was told it would work. Well it fits in cradle and charges but Comand wont recognise it. So i have now got a phone I can't use in my car.

Very many thanks to Mark, he sent me an old 8210 to test for fit - yes perfectly!:D

That sums up the spirit of this forum - a bunch of like minded people willing to help one another!:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

So here's the question.....

...... anyone got a working 8210 for sale?;)

R

Originally posted by mw_C32
I got a spare 8210 if you want it.
When I got my car I, I got a 6210 phone with it, so being clever I gave that one to my missus and "upgraded" my 8310 to 6310i as I was told it would work. Well it fits in cradle and charges but Comand wont recognise it. So i have now got a phone I can't use in my car.

Your Mercedes phone brain needs to be upgraded to the newest one for the 6310i . I think they are about 200ish.

Originally posted by fuzzer
Your Mercedes phone brain needs to be upgraded to the newest one for the 6310i . I think they are about 200ish.

I thought as much, havent checked out prices but 200 sounds about right for 5 mins on the computer.:mad:
Its enough that we pay so much for the cars let alone getting ripped off for this sort of thing.:mad:
When I have to go to dealer I might try and blag it though!! :devil:

Its actually a new unit you need to control it as far as aware :(

The new brain you need for your 6310i is part number

A 203 820 2585

Costs £185 + VAT

If you know where your present one is , you can swap it yourself - it just plugs in. You may need to reset comand for it to recognise the new controller.

hope this helps

Steve

I did post a few weeks ago asking about upgrading my (car's) brain from 6210 to 6310i.

What actually is involved in 'resetting Comand for it to recognise the new controller'. Is this a DIY or 'Stealer' job?

Is:- A 203 820 2585 - the right part for my W209 CLK320 with Comand and built in Telephone?

Does this upgrade the system to UHI (Universal Handy Interface)?

If not, will a UHI upgrade be available in the near future?

Its a diy job using the internal diagnostics menu. -it slike rebooting a Pc .

with the radio on, press & hold Mute, 1 & 3 until the menu list appears. Cant remember exactly which one you select to get to the reset option but its obvious when you find it .

Is:- A 203 820 2585 - the right part for my W209 CLK320 with Comand and built in Telephone?

If your phone is a nokia 6310 i then I believe so

not sure about the rest of your query.

I bought a full Handy phone kit complete with wiring loom for my E class that plugs right into the controller.

Hi steve_bcs.
When you say -
I bought a full Handy phone kit complete with wiring loom for my E class that plugs right into the controller.

Do you mean Universal Handy Interface?

If so, please give more details and the prices for the parts.
Any idea where the controller is on a CLK (new) with Comand?

Thanks
Ralph

handy is what the germans call a mobile phone .. from my experience anyway.

The parts are listed on this excellant web site www.ibex.co.uk

I believe the controller is located behind trim on the left hand side of the boot.

I dont think the parts are available any more cheaply than your dealership. You could always try megacomm who do a full kit of everything you need. www.megacomm.de & go to the online shop.

you can also email [email protected] for advice on which to buy. he speaks/writes excellant english & is very helpful.

hope this helps

I contacted Megacomm and got the following reply :(

thanks for your request and your interest in our products and services concerning MB telematic solutions.

We are sorry, but we don't support single customer request and do not deliver to private customers any more.

Regards,
Ihr Telematik-Team

!!!!! Not very helpful

I wonder why the change of policy?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom