Nokian Weatherproof All Season Winter Tyres ... for W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mickster

Car
C220 W203
Guys,

I haven't found a definite answer on this so apols for this repeat question.
My car currently has the following tyres fitted.
Front 225 45 Z R17
Back 245 40 R17 Y

As Nokian doesn't do suitable rear tyres for my car can I put the 225s all around and what issues might this cause?
I know that there are other makes available but I had these tyres for years on my car in Canada and they were great.

Thanks !

Yes.

I run 235 35 19 all round without issue.

Guys,

Front 225 45 Z R17
Back 245 40 R17 Y

As Nokian doesn't do suitable rear tyres for my car can I put the 225s all around and what issues might this cause?
I know that there are other makes available but I had these tyres for years on my car in Canada and they were great.

Thanks !
For my 2003 W203 C 32 AMG, fitting 225/40 17 winter tyres on both front and rear axles was recommended in my owners manual however it was also recommended that you switched from a staggered set up (7.5j front, 8.5j rear) to a square set up (7.5j front and rear).

For the first year I mounted the 225/40 tyres on my existing staggered wheels, and they were fine, however with the rear wheels being wider than the fronts then they appeared to be “stretched”, and would offer less protection from kerbs as the sidewall leans in rather than bulges out.

For the following year I bought a set of wheels in the recommended square sizes (so 7.5j front and rear), which means having the same size wheels as the front on the rear axle. I transferred my winter tyres to those wheels, and from then on I switched wheels and tyres together.

Fitting whee and tyre sizes not recommended by the car manufacturer can cause problems with insurance companies, so it’s best to stick to recommended sizes. Load rating is often ignored but is very important, so make sure that the load rating is right for your car.

Guys,

Front 225 45 Z R17
Back 245 40 R17 Y

Thanks !
Gosh no, one inch smaller will drive bad

Gosh no, one inch smaller will drive bad
Ice skaters don't wear wellies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom