Non Compliant ULEZ Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A comment
ONLY Toyota and their Prius/Camry/Lexus Hybrid platforms have this stop/ start feature that WORKS consistently.

Tuercas viejas
Certified Toyota Hybrid Tech since 2013

A comment
ONLY Toyota and their Prius/Camry/Lexus Hybrid platforms have this stop/ start feature that WORKS consistently.

Tuercas viejas
Certified Toyota Hybrid Tech since 2013
I disagree.

It works very consistently on my Wife’s mild hybrid Volvo And also on every car equipped with it that I have owned since 2011.

I’d say that it’s more about your journey than anything else, like many other things long runs are good for the battery performance.

Works reliably on our C350e too, but I’d argue it cuts in & out waaaay too frequently as it’ll always try to run on battery if it can (unless in sport or esave modes)

Either way, Stop/Start was a stop-gap technology that's on its way out - the future is EV, and they don't need it.

Works reliably on our C350e too, but I’d argue it cuts in & out waaaay too frequently as it’ll always try to run on battery if it can (unless in sport or esave modes)
Yes that's the frequent customer complaint.
Tuercas viejas

I traded in my beloved 07 CLS 320CDI (Airmatic) because of the Birmingham CAZ. As it coincided with a major time-related milestone (the magnitude of which ensures that children have largely vacated the premises), I took the opportunity to upgrade to an R230 SL350 which - although on an 09 plate and much heavier on consumption, CO2, etc. - is of course compliant. Go figure.

I hope to have got the SL in something approaching the golden moment, it's value being around 20% of new price, but with only 70k miles on the clock. Given that it's a late model R230 (facelift), I'm hoping most of the glitches are ironed out (so far: leaks, yes... creaks, not so much. Gummi Pflege on order).

And of course, that Sportmotor 300+BHP upgrade sounds glorious through Brum's A38 tunnels.

So far: a great choice. So I say: thank you, Birmingham CAZ.

I traded in my beloved 07 CLS 320CDI (Airmatic) because of the Birmingham CAZ. As it coincided with a major time-related milestone (the magnitude of which ensures that children have largely vacated the premises), I took the opportunity to upgrade to an R230 SL350 which - although on an 09 plate and much heavier on consumption, CO2, etc. - is of course compliant. Go figure.

I hope to have got the SL in something approaching the golden moment, it's value being around 20% of new price, but with only 70k miles on the clock. Given that it's a late model R230 (facelift), I'm hoping most of the glitches are ironed out (so far: leaks, yes... creaks, not so much. Gummi Pflege on order).

And of course, that Sportmotor 300+BHP upgrade sounds glorious through Brum's A38 tunnels.

So far: a great choice. So I say: thank you, Birmingham CAZ.
What’s the saying? If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Some nice lemonade there :)

Enjoy!

So I bought a 2012 e220 diesel two years ago. At the time on the ULEZ checker it said no ulez charge. Now I get a letter saying it does not pass. So I now have to pay £12:50 a day for the last 200 meters of my journey to work. How is that acceptable? So people who can't afford to replace their cars at the moment will get hit with another charge. Reeks of money making to me.

That's really bad luck. Mine too shows as compliant (and always has), but I'm not sure it should be. Compliance is a big factor for me as I frequently go to an area that's just inside the north circular. I hope mine doesn't switch, but if it does, I suspect there is nothing you can do about it, unfortunately.

Most people are not on a car forum talking about various emission complaints regulations = they'll pop their reg in once, check it's okay, and move along. It's really not fair to penalise people based on their own database errors.

I read somewhere that they take actual emission values as quoted by the manufacturer, rather than a strict euro 6 cutoff, but euro 6 is a pretty good indicator for most… I could be mistaken, however.

I read somewhere that they take actual emission values as quoted by the manufacturer, rather than a strict euro 6 cutoff, but euro 6 is a pretty good indicator for most… I could be mistaken, however.

Hi , car companies and honesty in the same sentence !

I just hope they’ll keep the historic vehicle regulations, which saves at least some of us from selling our beloved cars. But I reckon we have a maximum of 5 years to enjoy this privilege.

Hi all,

So I currently own a 57 plate W211 320CDI which unfortunately is not ULEZ compliant. I live just outside the North Circular Road in London and in October this year the ULEZ will expand to cover all within the North & South Circular Roads.

With this in mind, I have decided I will sell the vehicle sometime in September. Rather disappointing as I really like the car and mileage is only 75K which is nothing for these OM642 engines. There are a few of these models which are ULEZ compliant according to TFL website checker which is strange as Mercedes OFFICIALLY released Euro 6 vehicles in 2013 on the S-Class.

Has anyone else found themselves in a similar position of having to get rid of their car due to the ULEZ specifically?
Yes - and I’m heartbroken

With the recent announcement of ULEZ extension again we are going to see further heartbroken owners. My clk430 is non compliant but weirdly a CLK 500 1 year newer is figure that one out and I have seen some sl55 s being ok :wallbash: I really hope the nightmare being put forward is de railed.

Wow, wasn't expecting that so soon. That sucks for a lot of people. Bizarrely, my car seems to be 'compliant'.

I understand the reasoning but it's still difficult for many people to have to replace their cars during a terrible economic crisis.

The registration date of the car isn’t important, plenty of Euro 6 BMWs and Mercedes from 2013, and stop start only works if you don’t have the aircon etc running and using too much energy
Hi , I put a 2015 June 2015 Mercedes E 350 diesel into the TFL checker and the car was non compliant.

You can always organize and boot the mo****"ucker out. There's enough of you to let him know why and let the next guy know that the same will happen to him.

I expect that a big part of why is to appease the transport workers union and that's because they're organized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom