Non genuine engine oil coolers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimHall

Car
S204 C63 PPP
I have been waiting 7 weeks for a new MB oil cooler for my 2012 W204 C63 M156 engine. Are there decent aftermarket options please? I have no usable car and no idea from MB Germany as to when I’ll get one!

I have been waiting 7 weeks for a new MB oil cooler for my 2012 W204 C63 M156 engine. Are there decent aftermarket options please? I have no usable car and no idea from MB Germany as to when I’ll get one!
give Mb newcastle a call, they usually have all sorts of things kicking around other dealers dont, also check their ebay page.

There are a fair few suppliers out there for competition vehicles and of course bespoke builds available (at a cost) . If it's a 'regular' size and shape you might get lucky searching there. Places such as this maybe ?

Me personally if I’m going to buy a non genuine oil cooler I would go for a upgraded one like a mishimoto oil cooler.

Least that way can justify not getting a genuine part 😁

I had a stone hit my old MR2 Turbo radiator at the time I was young and wasn’t earning well the mishimoto was cheaper and better than the genuine part, the temps stayed lower on track BUT the downfall was the car took longer to warm up

I am struggling to get the same part you are having issues with. Did you ever get the part from MB or find an alternative?

Nothing yet. Still no idea from MB in Germany as to when it will come into stock. I’m trying to persuade the garage to think of alternatives. I’m in the process of moving house, so I really don’t want the expense of getting the car moved to my new address on a recovery van for a similar hassle though hopefully with a more flexible garage.

Nothing yet. Still no idea from MB in Germany as to when it will come into stock. I’m trying to persuade the garage to think of alternatives. I’m in the process of moving house, so I really don’t want the expense of getting the car moved to my new address on a recovery van for a similar hassle though hopefully with a more flexible garage.

The part both of us need is the wing cooler which is a2095000600. There are a few new part listings on eBay, all of which are from Eastern Europe based sellers whose model seems to be based on (usually) being able to buy locally from Mercedes and ship internationally for less than it costs in other markets. Doesn't really work when the part is not available globally. I'm having to go through eBay dispute process with one of them, who claimed to have dispatched the item, then gave me a tracking number that was not for my address so I couldn't look up the details. It's been over a month already. Avoid

Part of my worry for the Eastern European sources was that the parts are second hand from stolen cars. Not a market I want to stimulate.

Have you sourced a cooler yet? I was able to find one through Mercedes Aylesbury and there was 1 other left in stock in the group when I bought, mine came from Ipswich. They would not ship the part direct to me, so not sure how much use that is to you

The garage claims to have one en route but that was after I left them a message asking them to MOT it as is so I can bring it back home.

Progress! The new cooler finally arrived from MB Germany. Just sorting an air con hose leak and hopefully I’ll have it back on the road after over 3 months of waiting…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom