Non Merc servicing in North Herts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan1w

Having only once used an independent garage for servicing, who subsequently adjusted my accelerator cable and washed my car rather than service it I have not used one in the 15 years since.

I have serviced all my own cars since with the exception of my old W202 that went to Merc because it always has before and I wanted to maintain mobilo.

However, it's service time on the Mrs' Kia Carens school bus and Kia want £300 - £400. I've managed to get the service schedule from a reluctant service manager and it is just oil and filter plus some checks, no way am I paying that for that out of principle, but the warranty has to be maintained.

So can anyone recommend a decent garage or even franchise that will do what they say and use the right low ash oil etc?

Also, does anyone know if to maintain a manufacturer's warranty you also need to get the third party garage to carry out the same checks i.e 'check and tighten wheel nuts'. I'm imagining it would only be only be an issue if a warranty claim was related to something that should have been inspected.

Any advice appreciated,

Dan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom