Non-Mercedes body panels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

solarmer1

Car
MB 2001 E320cdi, 2010 W212 E350
Hi.
It seems that I need to replace my aluminium bonnet on my 2010 E350 Avantgarde saloon, W212. I can find aluminium bonnets for around £350.00 however they are not OEM. Does anyone have any experience of using non-MB body panels?

Thank you.
Happy Christmas.
Solarmer:dk:

i think its hit and miss,ive bought wings for a vw golf and they did not fit but others have bought panels that do fit,but if you do buy a non oem do not expect it to be a brilliant fit

Try eurocarparts, I got some W202 wings from there, make sure you fit them before spraying otherwise you might find you need to bend them slightly which will mess up the new paint.

I know that the original panels are more ,but in the end i would use no other aftermarket. If the wings are anything to go by you can tell by the weight of them .Have a check in the salvage yard and keep looking, and you might get one the same colour.

I was under be impression all bonnets from this age range are now aluminium? The facelift w204 bonnet I bought is aluminium, and genuine MB

I would prefer good used rather than pattern for any body panel on any car.
Sometimes you don't have a choice though

Why don't you speak to a good Merc breaker first. Dronsfields etc they may have one. Strip and repaint it. It will still be original too.

HB said:
Why don't you speak to a good Merc breaker first. Dronsfields etc they may have one. Strip and repaint it. It will still be original too.

+1 for Dronsfields.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Hi.
Thank you for all responses. I'm currently looking at Europarts who sell this bonnet in steel and aluminium. The aluminium is in their more expensive range however with current discounts it works out at £338.00 which compares well with cfurrent prices for used bonnets. Will keep looking and am currently looking at Dronsfields. A bonnet of the same colour would, of course, be even better!
All the Best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom