NON MERCEDES - Ford 2.4l Duratorq diesel 2004

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MD5

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
wme451 a124 r129 s211 r230
I’m hoping someone here may have had a bit of experience on the 2.4l Ford Duratorq diesel engine that could offer a bit of help please? There was quite a range of vehicles that had them fitted, and in this case it’s a 2004 TX2 London taxi.

A friend of mine who lives in California owns a few of them and can’t work out how to adjust the idling revs at tickover, so that’s the help I’m looking for please. I think, from my research, that they are adjusted via the ODB2 port, but not sure.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Mike
Well the best method is with a scan tool using Ford IDS programs for the applicable platform.
Failing that, this might help as its a fairly easy task, but I emphasis that cleaning the IAC & T/Body is essential for an accurate reset using a new air filter.
The Landrover Ford AJ series based power packs also use a version of IDS and are simpler to reset using a scan tool .
Tuercas viejas.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mike
Well the best method is with a scan tool using Ford IDS programs for the applicable platform.
Failing that, this might help as its a fairly easy task, but I emphasis that cleaning the IAC & T/Body is essential for an accurate reset using a new air filter.
The Landrover Ford AJ series based power packs also use a version of IDS and are simpler to reset using a scan tool .
Tuercas viejas.
That's great, Tuesday, thank you. I've emailed him the link and he'll no doubt come back wanting more help!

Mike
Tuercas viejas.
Just noticed autocorrect, Tuercas, sorry! I'll probably write Tuercas next time I mean Tuesday now!

Get your friend to join the UK transit van forum. Loads of threads there about the 2.4 engine

Reactions: MD5
Or email van tuner . Co .UK. There's nothing he doesn't know about these engines

Vantuner.co.uk

If your mate gets Martyns email off the site, he is always up for helping people even if there is no money in it !

Or email van tuner . Co .UK. There's nothing he doesn't know about these engines
I've checked it out, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom