Non Mercedes Parking Sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

withey

Ok so I have another question :)

My C180 has car parking sensors fitted but I don't think they were factory fitted by Mercedes as there is no button on the centre console to switch them on or off.

How easy/ how much would it be to wire them into the centre console? At the moment I can switch the front ones on and off on the plastic unit at the front of the car and I'm not sure how to do the back ones yet!!

Why would you want to turn the rear ones off? They should already be wired to the reversing lights, so that they are off at all other times than when you are reversing - when presumably you would want them switched on ! Is this not the case ?

S.

suppose that's a good point! The front switch on the actual unit is quite difficult to operate which i was looking to wire them into the centre console...think I'll leave them as they are.

can you post a pictire of the front sensor display thing? = are you sure they aren't mercedes accessories? - there are a lot of cars get them fitted by dealers.

My c-class has them - the front one does my head in as it goes off if you travel down counrty lanes and get too close to the hedge rows - it;s also really loud! - so i was intrgued by you saying you can turn the front one off?

Sure I'll see what I can do... mine has a tiny switch to the right had side of them....it takes a bit of finding... I'll try to upload a picture later

Maybe haven't worked out how to turn the front ones off yet! Starting to get a little bit annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom