Non Mercedes Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nicksterrx7

Car
E55
Putting the winter tyre debate asside - I'm thinking about buying some winter tyres for my 2003 E55 (don't fancy it's chances in any snow!).

I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a new set of alloys. Genuine AMG alloys are too pricey as a 'spare set'. Has anyone much experience of 'replicas' or other wheels that will fit the E55?

I've never purchased non branded wheels. Any suggestions for the E55?

All help appreciated. I guess I don't need wheels quite as wide as the ones on. Suggested sizes?

Cheers

Replica wheels can be as good as genuine ones, but sadly its a lottery. Often replica's are heavier with poor quality, either internaly or with the paint finish. I've seen soem really ropey ones over the years, with paint barely covering rough areas of casting.

If you do go down the replica route, i'd suggest you purchase them over the counter and not mail order - at least you can check the quality.

I've seem some replica type wheels in Eurocarparts, and they in fairness looked OK - how representative the rims on display were compared to the hundreds they have in stock i couldn't say.

Replica's are often weaker, just get some cheap genuine merc wheels from ebay

Try Ronal or Borbet alloys they manufacture for the likes of MB and they're available in places like Motor World

Thanks all, I've seen the Borbet range and like 2 sets they make. A good alternative to the real deal that just seem madly expensive, even second hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom