Non PPP C63 Front brake discs and pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keejoonc

Car
C63 AMG
Hi guys,

Currently looking into picking up a set of front brake components as front discs are scored and will either replace them or provide the parts when I sell the car.

Has anyone had them changed recently and can advise on pricing?

I have received a couple of quotes from MB dealers on parts and cheapest I could find was £272 which includes discs, pads and sensors.

Tried eurocarparts but it comes out at £280 with current discount and without sensors.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Do you think £272 is expensive for genuine parts ?

Uh, if I knew I wouldn't be asking would I?
My gut tells me it's not, but doesn't hurt ask as I've read some conflicting information in some other threads.

I'd stick with what MB supplies, with regards to the correct discs though Eddie on here knows which discs go on what

Do you think £272 is expensive for genuine parts ?

How genuine can a part be when Mercedes do not make it and it's a repackaged part from another supplier in a Mercedes box?

Russ

How genuine can a part be when Mercedes do not make it and it's a repackaged part from another supplier in a Mercedes box?

Russ

Yep, I read that it's not always from the same supplier either.

I'd stick with what MB supplies, with regards to the correct discs though Eddie on here knows which discs go on what

Standard car, standard discs. The fronts are not C63 specific, hence cheap. Stick with OEM, they work perfectly well. Also, come resale you won't have issues with potential buyers asking why you fitted cheap alternatives, regardless of how good they are.

£50k+ car. Costs should be expected, but obviously nobody wants to pay over the odds. In my opinion, on a C63 the figure you quoted is peanuts.

I replaced the front discs and pads on my old C63, approx. £300 supplied from Mercedes

I think that £272 for a set of vented discs and pads (including sensors) sounds a pretty fair price to me. Certainly way cheaper than the PPP upgraded option. Think Mitsubishi wanted more than that for discs and pads on my old Evo, so not a price I would be worried about paying for C63 brakes.

Thanks to all who replied. Sounds like a decent price from the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom