Non sense red switch boot light on/ alarm not functioning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Olivier

MB Enthusiast
Car
E300 TD
Sorry for the red highlight, I copied this from an old forum and the search engine came out like this. Anyway, here is the problem:
The boot red light switch is always on, therefore doesn't work ( have check with another console as I thought it might be the problem but it was the same)
I can open the central locking from the inside switch but it doesn't work on closing( work well with the remote)
The tow bar switch is non operational, not blinking or what ever ( the sound system blink when I remove the anti theif facia though, will those be connected and the connection made wrong?)
The alarm not working
There are no blinking light when I close the car with the remote
All those must be related, as if the brain of the car think a lock is faulty(the boot) is will not engage the alarm
I have look at the wire going down the boot lid,it's fine
I have changed the switch in the barrel(keys) of ther boot
I did the battery removal for few minutes and check the light switch on the boot, it's all clear there,
It's really ODD. There is one thing that I am thinking of is about the radio as the one I have as been put in by the old owner and I wonder if this will interact with the whole thingy?
I had an OB from mercedes done and it mention on a stored area that the siren is not coded or faulty? See pictures
The rep at mercedes doen't know what to say about this problem and warn me that it might take them a long time to retreive the problem and this will be a big bill. :eek:
Any one as any idea? It's really puzzling me? And bother me as well... This as been going on since I got the car and Ilooked everywhere I could for 2 month, then give up, but now I'm bak on it again...
Thank you. Olivier

We have exactly the same problem on one of our CLK's , boot switch light is illuminated , and it won't open by switch or remote , just by key ...

Put it on the STAR machine , and you are correct , it is a faulty siren.

So that's two of us with the same problem , showing a faulty siren , get the siren changed. :)

We will do when we get time.

This is it? A faulty siren only? Petty as I took the side wing off 2 month ago the change it and I could have done the siren at the same time...
How about the OB saying not coded? Is it just a faulty siren and it will recod itself?
I wonder if I open it if it could be fixed...
Thank you. This is goodnews as if this is the siren it's only few hours work to take the wing off and on again. :)

I don't think you can re-code the siren ... it just develops a fault and thats it, it's toast.

New siren is circa £180 IIRC , but we haven't bothered yet , will probably get it done on the next service.

I'm not sure how the siren affects the boot switch / release , but it does. :crazy:

180 for a the siren :eek: .
I look at a second hand one, might loose some money as it might not last but I need to say again:
180 for a siren :eek:
I see in the next weeks if I can take the side wing off again and look at the bugger... Is it a "fan" like siren, might just be dirty? Dirty little bugger :D
Thank you for that, I have been looking at any answers for a while and nothing worked.
All the best, happy me to know the siren is affecting the boot swich.Odd.
this might be my answer. Yeepee!!! :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

I doubt it will be the siren.

I suspect it will be the boot lock switch. I can see you have already changed it.

Mmmmmm

Did your STAR not show up a faulty siren when we put it on it Olly ? Colin Fern's did too ...

I even went so far as to ask Nick about a siren , and he has one .

The OB did show a faulty siren indeed. Nick as a siren? Who's nick? Is it for you or did you asked for me? Any price?
Thank you :)

The siren is about £60 and it did show up faulty on the short test. Mines does not work on the 202 either (siren)

Most of the time the fault with the boot not opening is due to the lock at the boot lid.

The boot open with the key no bother, also I changed the pipe in the pump door lock/ boot and the boot open no bother with the pump.
The lock is OK. There is just a problem with the car thinking that the boot is open I dunno why but if this is in relation with the siren it could be it. :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:
I might got a siren for 15 P&P included. Second hand I know but canno really afford a new one...

For Howard about the siren

Hello, did you get your siren changed? Is it working for you? I just put the secong hand siren on with no luck at all...(it might be faulty as well?) :confused:
It's a wee annoying as I took the side wing to get there and nothing changed...
Let me know please.
Thank you. Olivier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom