non-smoker option (ie no ashtray)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

i have a standard ashtray & cigar lighter in my CLK.

From what i've been told when you order a car you can specify non-smoker option etc, in which case you get a 12v socket & a tray instead.

could this be retrofitted? if so would it just be a case of replacing the ashtray with a more elegant tray and the cigar lighter with a 12v 'cap'?

i dont smoke so it would be good to have a nicer tray in place to keep my coins etc in, as i assume this 'mod' would be very in-expensive for bits from the dealer?

SilverSaloon said:
hi

i have a standard ashtray & cigar lighter in my CLK.

From what i've been told when you order a car you can specify non-smoker option etc, in which case you get a 12v socket & a tray instead.

could this be retrofitted? if so would it just be a case of replacing the ashtray with a more elegant tray and the cigar lighter with a 12v 'cap'?

i dont smoke so it would be good to have a nicer tray in place to keep my coins etc in, as i assume this 'mod' would be very in-expensive for bits from the dealer?

I think you are correct. When I ordered my CLK I was given the no-cost choice to have the no-smoker option which I took. I dont see why the parts cannot be retro fitted. Others on this forum will most likely have the part numbers for you.

Alfie said:
I think you are correct. When I ordered my CLK I was given the no-cost choice to have the no-smoker option which I took. I dont see why the parts cannot be retro fitted. Others on this forum will most likely have the part numbers for you.

hi Alfie....

a couple of questions?

(a) do you still have a power socket?
(b) if so does it have a 12v cap on it?
(c) can the tray still be removed?

thanks in adavnce!

On the w202 the non-smoker's option replaces the ashtray and the glasses tray in front of the shift lever panel. Looks ok but it reminds me of the the bottom of the dashboard on my old vauxhall astra and looks a bit cheap, like you'd expect to find it on an entry-level model. The CLK may have a better looking solution though.

Shude said:
The CLK may have a better looking solution though.

i assume the wood dash 'cover' of the ashtray would remain tho!

i might get a 12v 'cap' and put it in its place. the proper tray would be good tho without the bit on it to stub out the fag!

SilverSaloon said:
i assume the wood dash 'cover' of the ashtray would remain tho!
On the w202 it doesn't. The w208 is a more elegant design so the ashtray cover may remain.

I have it this option on my C Class. I agree as it looks slight tacky and as if somethings missing. But maybe its because my last C class did have a ash tray. But its great as i now have somewhere to put my mobile phones, coins, chewing gum and sunglasses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom