NON STARTING W212 ONGOING ISSUES

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NAVMERC

Car
2012 W212 E250cdi
Hi all

I have the above car and have posted numerous posts regarding it not starting
Here is what we have done to it using STAR diagnostic kit

1. TCM replaced with new, coded in and taught in personalised and activated 1 month ago
  2. Alternator replaced along with new battery all worked well 2 weeks ago
  3. SCM replaced and coded in as well as personalised and taught in 06/07/20
After all that the car drove fine for a few hours and went into limp mode
The codes it throws up now are

P0602 CONTROL UNIT Y3/8N4 (FULLY INTEGRATED TRANSMISSION CONTROL UNIT) IS NOT CODED
P2806 COMPONENT Y3/8S1 (SELECTION RANGE SENSOR) WAS NOT TAUGHT IN
P1693 COMPONENT Y3/8N4 (FULLY INTEGRATED TRANSMISSION CONTROL UNIT) IS DEFECTIVE
U010187 COMMUNICATION WITH CONTROL UNIT "TRANSMISSION " HAS A MALFUNCTION THE MESSAGE IS MISSING

Could this be a dislodged cable as everything else works. If I use the STAR to change the gears and test them, then they do move.

Please help as it has been over a week now and I use my car for work!

TIA

Nav

Did you code it yourself? I'm sure this would require SCN coding. Definitely would check the connector to the gearbox although if dislodged you wouldn't be able to communicate with it.

Did you code it yourself? I'm sure this would require SCN coding. Definitely would check the connector to the gearbox although if dislodged you wouldn't be able to communicate with it.
It was SCN coding done. I sat and watched it in the car. It took around 20 minutes to install the SCM. I personally didn’t do it but a Mercedes Tech did it via team viewer.
I will definitely have it checked though!

Nav

Been into the garage today and checked and tested all the wiring and connectors we could find with the gearbox TCU and Servo and everything seems ok :wallbash:
Now I've boiled it down to the TCU itself. Although I had it over a month I still have warranty with it. I now have it in hand and will be taking it down to VALVE BODIES UK in Wallasey the supplier
Fault codes screenshot below

GEAR001.jpg

Does sound like a TCU fault as I can't see all of the solenoids failing at the same time

Does sound like a TCU fault as I can't see all of the solenoids failing at the same time
Hi

we took it out and I got it replaced under warranty
Basically what happened was that while sorting out the ISM this didn’t like it and or, when we did the SCN for the ISM it must have disturbed the TCM somehow
So I’ve just got back with the replacement because my supplier couldn’t virginise the old unit so he gave me a new one fully coded.
I just have to fit it in along with fresh transmission oil (service kit) and carry out the adaptions and off I go!
Will update laterimage.jpgimage.jpg

Valve Bodies Uk are a good company,I have only heard good things about them,bit too far from me,but I suppose if I get desperate then it is a option.

Valve Bodies Uk are a good company,I have only heard good things about them,bit too far from me,but I suppose if I get desperate then it is a option.

yes they’re great in my experience so far. No quibble exchange for the old one they supplied fully coded!
Pete is the man to chat to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom