Nonchalant idiot Saab woman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Still staggers me that people can pull out like that when I've always considered pulling out from a junction to be (mostly) so easy to do right.

Good reactions there OP as I suspect despite it looking close on video, it was probably even closer in reality!

Coming around that slight corner, she looked right at me, looked left then looked right at me again and casually pulled out.

I guess you're sitting a bit to the right of the camera so had a slightly better view, but I have to say there hardly seems time for her to look right, left and right again before pulling out - she seems to start moving a second after she comes into sight.

One thing I remember our defensive driving instructors at work saying is you can never say someone looked at you, only that they looked in your direction.

I had exactly the same happen at a country pub near us - and that's on dead straight road. It's in a 30 limit and I had to stop. If it'd been 40 I'd have hit him.

There is a roundabout near to where I live which has four exit lanes and one of them is near a level crossing, so this inevitably causes tailbacks four ways. This creates a situation where people not wanting to wait will overtake the waiting traffic on the wrong side of the road on a wing and a prayer that nothing comes up the road while they are coming down it. Then once the traffic starts moving, it's literally a free-for-all on the roundabout with no regard to 'giving way to the right' - I've never seen anything like it (except for South Mimms on the M25).

Once I was actually on the roundabout turning right, when a car waiting at an exit to my left went to cut in front of me. I carried on going so he had to jam on his brakes, wow, he went into a rage, sat on my bumper, shouting and gesticulating, zoomed up beside me at lights and braked next to me in a threatening manner. All this because he went to push in front of me and I didn't let him :rolleyes:

I had a similar thing at the weekend, some idiot pulled out without looking on a posted 60mph and proceeded to accelerate as fast as a tortoise, then he decided to brake test me and slow to 5mph because I had the bare faced cheek to flash him.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why do people seem to go out of their way to exacerbate a situation?

I've had similar where someone pulls out in front of you, so you slam on and hit the horn because they've pulled out at walking speed, so instead of flooring it which would alleviate the issue, they hit the brakes!?

That move at the end is what 320s are for. :D

I drive assuming that other drivers have a camera onboard, I have a camera too, just not worth the hassle and increased blood pressure,

I had a similar thing at the weekend, some idiot pulled out without looking on a posted 60mph and proceeded to accelerate as fast as a tortoise, then he decided to brake test me and slow to 5mph because I had the bare faced cheek to flash him.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They drove carelessly, you willfully drove badly, you passed them far too close

Did you brake test them after the video ended abruptly?

That’s what it’s saying on the small car forum, devils advocate

Did you brake test them after the video ended abruptly?

No, the video ended there as I just carried on at 60mph. You may think I was passing too close, thats your opinion and your welcome to it. In my view there was adequate space between me and an almost stationary car

No, the video ended there as I just carried on at 60mph. You may think I was passing too close, thats your opinion and your welcome to it. In my view there was adequate space between me and an almost stationary car

I have to say that I thought you gave sufficient clearance to pass a car safely that had virtually stopped (and was stopping abruptly )and you managed the space in such a way as to minimise your time encroaching on the opposite carriageway.

In some parts of the third world pulling out in front of a nice big dark Merc is not a good idea, looks to me like there may be a possum caught in the head lights moment there.

You froze him solid in fear!!? :):)

I'm definitely going to be working on my nonchalance behind the wheel.

I have to say that I thought you gave sufficient clearance to pass a car safely that had virtually stopped (and was stopping abruptly )and you managed the space in such a way as to minimise your time encroaching on the opposite carriageway.

Looked fine to me also. Plenty of room there. Pointless driving on the inside of the opposite lane as it isn't warranted...

Dashcam nazis get on my tits. Stuff happens on the roads. Forget it, and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk Pro

Had it been in Germany, as you overtake the slower car the peasant would have shouted at you "Mercedes-fahrer!"

Dashcam nazis get on my tits. Stuff happens on the roads. Forget it, and move on.

There's a big difference between those who go out of their way to cause issues or even are in the wrong and make out someone they've recorded is in the wrong vs those who have a dash cam and happen to record poor driving as per above.

Not sure how you can tar everyone with the same brush just because they have a dash cam.

I’ve been cut up about 14 times today, who cares? I don’t. But if it makes mr dash cam uploader mans life better. Good luck to him

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk Pro

Just making people aware of potential dangers... not a bad thing.

I don't believe it is a cathartic competition.

Just making people aware of potential dangers... not a bad thing.

I don't believe it is a cathartic competition.

I think it’s very much so cathartic.

Nonchalant idiot Saab women, doesn’t strike as a title for making others aware of potential dangers.

It’s more, grrrr I’m angry, I need to upload and feel superior I never make mistakes, let’s find her and hang her

If I'm honest I have been led to believe that it takes a certain kind of person to upload any dashcam footage that shows someone else in a bad light.

I'm not saying that it's wrong, people can do what they like with their footage, I am saying that there seems to be a type of person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom