Nonchalant idiot Saab woman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not sure I would even give her the benefit of being unable to judge the distance/speed of your approach. She's 'forced' her way out, in full confidence and expectation you'll slow down or even stop to let her go. How often do you see people gradually edge the front of their cars out at the junction rather than wait for the road to be clear? Admittedly, sometimes you've no choice if you want to get to your destination on time, but these days, it seems like nobody gives two hoots who is inconvenienced.

I'd certainly agree and on the basis of this:

No acknowledgement or apology from her.

...I'd be nearly 100% sure of it.

Shocked / surprised drivers seem to stop at the surprise of another car nearly hitting them or at least look horrified.

This one knew exactly what it was doing.

And would go on to blame the OP for the situation no doubt.

Retards.

I had a similar incident a couple of years ago at a busy roundabout. I could see the lady was thinking of pulling out so was cautious and I was right she did pull out. What I didn't expect was for her to change her mind so she basically lunged forward and then stopped in the middle of the roundabout and in my path. I managed to stop just in time but it was certainly a brown trouser moment.

Haha, today, driving home, on a narrowish street. My side of road clear, other side had parked cars dotted along.
Car comes around curve in the road ahead on the wrong side of white line and had to eventually stop (there were lots of gaps she could have pulled in -but chose not to) and proceeded to be effing and jeffing /ranting at me....:dk:

Obv she expected me to mount the kerb to allow her to not have to give way :wallbash:

It looked like here mother & Granny were with her... also waving their arms and jaws abouto_O

Never mind driving, some people shouldn’t be allowed to breed:fail:

PS.... the above pic would have been perfect

Probably on their way to the artificial insemination clinic and you were interfering with her slot.
A case of your granny’s your mother’s sisters auntie or something like that.

Thinks *I possibly could have worded that “interfering with her slot” comment a little better.

Last edited:
This might change their attitude! :D

HumberPigMark11rossi1.jpg
Beats a 20 year old Volvo!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I was talking to my Mrs about this last week, and we both agreed that in the last 5yr driving standards had gone to crap and that you have to drive now expecting everyone will do something stupid.

Like your case, you literally have to look at that Saab from the moment you see it and prepare that it will pull out when totally unsafe.

Any gap these days is a green light to pull out. Why have people gotten so thick? I literally have no idea how these people are alive, but they’re breeding. WTF. Trouble is a thick person doesn’t tend to know they’re thick or like being told so, so how do you cure it.

Driver awareness, and reaction time also need to be heavily tested IMO before you get a license.

Reactions: GLK
Was it a Saab, not that it matters, though.

Sorry to doubt you, but were you really only doing 40? Hard to judge, and you were there, I wasn’t, but it looks a tad fast to me.

But see my sig...

The problem is that many drivers do not allow for idiots on the road and do not anticipate that something stupid is going to happen. OP fortunately spotted and reacted to the idiot in the SAAB.

Drivers these days are on the road in a zombie like state with absolutely no situational awareness.

Was it a Saab, not that it matters, though.

Sorry to doubt you, but were you really only doing 40? Hard to judge, and you were there, I wasn’t, but it looks a tad fast to me.

But see my sig...
I live on the next road along, which has a 30mph limit but it's rare to see drivers sticking to the speed limit. I have to admit I have made one or two calls requesting that the police attend for a couple of hours with their speed gun to catch speeding drivers so I know the importance of sticking to the speed limits on the local roads.

It was a beige Saab estate, possibly '55' or '56' plate, wish I could remember the reg. Coming around that slight corner, she looked right at me, looked left then looked right at me again and casually pulled out. I'll certainly be on the lookout for her again in the local area.

I have seen this a fair bit, it's probably nothing new.

Other versions of the same practice are pulling out in front of approaching cars when they could have waited 3 seconds, ploughing through when it's not their right of way forcing cars who have right of was to wait and entering single track sections in full knowledge that their exit is blocked.

Women do seem to be the main culprits where I live.

Trouble is a thick person doesn’t tend to know they’re thick or like being told so, so how do you cure it.

There are methods, but I don't know if they'd be popular. Or legal :D

gone to crap and that you have to drive now expecting everyone will do something stupid.
I agree. Its roundabouts which are most dangerous on a daily basis that I see.
A lot of people enter the roundabout in the overtaking lane, yet decide to exit in the other lane.

Like here, if the green car wants to go straight on, they swap into the blue car lane upon exit - pisses me off
roundabout - Google Search:

I smashed my ankle up almost seven weeks ago and today, ankle finally usable of sorts, I took to the car. And boy was I crap. I made 4 or 5 mistakes in the space of 15 miles. Muddy headed and out of practice. I am sure that happens to the best of drivers. Whether they notice their own failings or not and additionally are prepared to admit it, is another matter.

I'll admit to making a silly mistake recently on a three lane roundabout.
For some reason close to where I live, some bright fellow has decided that he will introduce a three lane roundabout, on a dual carriageway - WTF!

40mph road and I travel along it at 40mph (speeding is a problem around here). Woman looking to pull out the entrance to a pub, saw her look my way, look the other way then look back my way AS she calmly pulled out. Didn't even hesitate when she saw me, just continued at the same speed and I only applied full brake pressure (in a 2 ton car) in the last split second.

No acknowledgement or apology from her.

B1007, Galleywood Road in Chelmsford, Essex.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My dad lived with his cousin(the Gisbies) in one of Doug Cottee's tied cottages on Galleywood Common

I agree. Its roundabouts which are most dangerous on a daily basis that I see.
A lot of people enter the roundabout in the overtaking lane, yet decide to exit in the other lane.
Like here, if the green car wants to go straight on, they swap into the blue car lane upon exit - pisses me off
roundabout - Google Search:

What if you're trying to 'make progress', but are stuck behind a pootler, and your first chance to overtake is to go down the right-hand lane and be through the roundabout before the pootler has moved ten yards?

It rather depends on the traffic, I think. If there's nothing in the way, there's no risk in entering the roundabout in the 'wrong' lane and changing lanes while on it. Cutting somebody up is a different matter, though said pootler might consider it cutting up (and indeed it would be if you drove at his sort of speeds), but in fact is no more than a faster car safely passing a slower car.

No traffic to worry about then fine, do as you wish.
Just don't try to switch into my lane, while i'm still there

That's definitely a mid-noughties Saab 9-3 estate.

There is a chance that she really didn’t see the OP, that’s not a clear cut case of someone forcing their way out in my humble opinion, in case she was extremely brave, it was too close and she was banking on the OP paying attention and being able to avoid her, not many people would be that brave.

Bloody well done for not hitting her.

I almost pulled out in front of someone the other day with all three kids in the car, shook me up a bit I can tell you and it’s was only a second glance that revealed the fiesta that was previously sat behind a rear facing baby seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom