Noob Alert: Be gentle with me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrianDamaged

Car
1994 W124 E200
Hello, I'm Brian, I'm 47, live and work in Worcestershire and have realised a long-held desire in buying my first Benz, a 1994 W124 E200 Automatic. To say I'm pleased with it is something of an understatement.
7099288995_eab099949b_c.jpg

It's not perfect (that picture flatters to decieve somewhat) but it's very very tidy and is mechanically superb. I'm looking forward to attending to the few odd jobs it needs, as well as improving it as I go along (those wheels, for example....LOL). For now I'm enjoying the sublime levels of refinement and comfort it offers, as well as marvelling at its fuel economy (36mpg commuting from a big car with a small petrol engine/slushbox is pretty astounding) and general competence.

I drive Mercedes vans and trucks for a living, so it's nice to get into another one at the end of a long day. When I'm not working I enjoy photography, old cars (standard and modified) and playing guitar.

I'm off for a look around. More adventures as and when they happen.

Brian :D

Hi Brian - looks the business.

Hello Brian
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Enjoy your new car. There are many on the forum who hold the W124 in very high regard.

Hi and welcome. That is stunning in black.

Quite a few guitarists and lensmen on the forum.

Welcome to the forum Brian, we are just as freindly as retro rides here.:thumb:

Welcome, the W124 is a great car so good purchase! Definitely get rid of those wheels, but apart from that it does look great! How is it on rust?

Welcome, the W124 is a great car so good purchase! Definitely get rid of those wheels, but apart from that it does look great! How is it on rust?

Wheels have already been given notice to quit, as I 'won' these on Evilbay for a whopping £34 (yes, really) and picked them up yesterday:
7116272635_a56eaa2f9d.jpg

I've got some tyre-swapping to do and they need a repaint, but they're exactly what I had in mind for it.

Rust-wise she's not bad at all. There are a few scabby bits (osf wheelarch by the bumper, a stonechip on the ns A-post right at the top and the bootlid...which will be replaced in time as there's a small dent on the top right above the badge) but nothing that can't be sorted in time. The car spent much of the 2000's in Southern Spain so the underside, under a thin layer of road grime, is just shiny black paint. Even the jacking points appear sound!

The car only cost me £465, so even with the wheels I haven't breached the £500 mark yet. I'm sure that'll change!

Incredible price! And those are the wheels I was thinking of, the more period ones, amazing how wheels can completely change the look of a car! Scabs are nothing on a 124 so you've had a very good find, and the wheels usually go for much more than that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom