Noob here so apologies for sounding dumb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
5e0c06c5b300fd48833d8b67ea025d7a.jpg

This is from my book. Really hurting my head [emoji15][emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What that's showing is that your standard rims are 7 1/2 J x 16 ET 31 and the option is 7 1/2 J x 17 ET 36 if you want to go to 17" rims.

Tyre sizes are 205/55 R16 for standard, 225/45 R17 for the optional 17" rims.

Up to you if you want to stay with 16" rims or go up to 17".

Ok thanks mate. I'll have a little look around.

If you are thinking of upgrading to 17's, I put Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics on my newly refurbed 17" rims last July, we're really happy with them. Incredibly quiet, excellent grip wet and dry, mine are staggered so a bit more expensive than non-staggered so for your car would cost about £340 fitted - I bought the tyres from Tyreleader online and had them fitted locally for £10 per wheel.

I always liked the staggered 17" amg's on my old w203.

680d27da045b1a6a21fe48c2c39f475f.jpg

Can anyone with technical nous super impose those wheels on my car? Please.

Looks alright actually. Cheers for that. I can get a rough idea. Kinda like the originals tho. But think I will treat myself (just won't mention the price to her!!)

I prefer yours, I think these look a bit BMW 3 series-ish. I think yours just need a good clean and/or refurb.

Just a word of warning.... is your car a Sport / Avantgarde model with lowered/stiffened suspension, or Classic with standard/comfort suspension?

If you prefer a soft-sprung car with supple ride then your best bet is 205/55x16" tyres.

17" or 18" wheels will provide better and more responsive handling with less body roll when cornering (and arguably better looks), but at the expense of ride comfort.

And last.... if you do fit tyres which are a different size to what the car came with from the factory, then don't forget to notify your insurer.

I'm getting them refurbed. £75 each which is slightly cheaper than new wheels and tires.
And less confusing.
Getting the car serviced at the same time. So will be without her for 2 days but should be purring after. Will take some before and after shots of the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom