Noob qu re 2nd hand becker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

akula80

Car
W204 C220 AMG Sport Plus
Just bought a 12 c220 sport plus. I didn't come with the Becker so I bought one 2nd hand from a friend. Unit was 2 years old. When I look at the Becker website it has an option to download the latest software for €0.00

My qus are:

1: is it worth getting the latest software?
2: if I do can I download the software for free or will it charge me

Based on the facts that it's a 2 year old unit that has never been updated.

Thanks in advance for any clarity on this

I tried updating our 2012 Becker a few months ago and it would not complete. The problems seem to be widespread. I think this is why MB changed to Garmin brand.

Ant.

Can I ask if it deleted the original maps. I'm worried if I try and do this I'll lose the software profile and maps that are currently on it

akula80 said:
Can I ask if it deleted the original maps. I'm worried if I try and do this I'll lose the software profile and maps that are currently on it

Update using the Becker content manager, it will automatically write a copy of the existing content/maps to your pc hard drive. Selecting the free operating software upgrade will remove all data from the Becker box then load the new version / reload the backup maps.
It's not the best upgrade process but it does work, one tip is do not ever disconnect the red cable when writing data to the Becker box, make sure the upgrade is fully complete before disconnecting.

Thanks for that

I did this 5 months ago, mine also had never been updated.

All went well, just a note it may take sometime for the update to go through, but I've had no problems.

My main issue with having to update to a new firmware was that the TMC wasn't working, but it does now.

This proves that I'm not compatible with computers.

I'll have another go.

Ant.

Tried updating. Of course I have to have the version of mac OS X that isn't compatible with the Becker unit. Why is nothing ever straight forward???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom