Noreve HTC Desire Case Broken - Consumer law/claim advice please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smatt

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 E350Cdi Estate Auto
Hi all,
I hope it is ok to post this here; I would be grateful for some advice re a broken case, please.

I purchased a Noreve case (special order leather, plus more expensive metal belt clip for 'intensive users' -according to website).
The case and clip are basically held together by a small (3.5mm x 6.5mm overall) screw which screws into a socket on the main case. The leather case on its own appears nicely made and would be fine as a slip case.
Within two weeks of light use, the threads of the screw & nut had both stripped. The phone fell off the clip & dropped on the ground, but fortunately phone was undamaged.
I think this is a bad design and would not use it again as a belt mounted case, although that is specifically what I bought it for.
The aftersales support is poor & slow. They have said they are sending out a new screw, despite the fact I stated the threads of the screw & case socket have both gone ( I even sent them some macro shots of both).
I have asked for a refund as I do not consider it fit for its purpose & believe that it is unacceptable to fail with in 2 weeks. The company has not responded to my request for refund.

I have spoken to my purchasing credit card company- they are not interested(surprised me a little) as they said it was ok upon receipt/arrival??
I have found some other forums with users that report similar problems with the clip, but none resolved.

The value may 'only' be £50, but I am shocked by the poor aftersales and really it is the principle that has annoyed me!

Questions:
Where do I stand in consumer law with a French based company?
Can the small claims court route be used for foreign companies?
Any other advice, please?

PS any good recommendations for HTC desire belt holsters?

Many thanks for all advice

Im a big fan of the krusell products

Krusell

My mate got the multidapt to strap it to his mountain bike, he hasnt lost his phone yet.

Check out the belt options in the shop>accessories

I think, maybe wrong, that credit card companies only get involved when purchases are over £100?

Update (fwiw); they finally gave a refund, but I did have to be persistent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom