Norfolk based --- Looks like I'm back...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

norfolkngood

Hi all

I was a member on here "back in the day" when I was running a C220 saloon for a fair few years and many, many miles. Sadly a leaking head gasket and eye-watering quotes for a repair meant that we had to part company.

I always knew that I would return to Mercedes, to the point that I kept my MBZ registration. As it was cheaper to put this on another car rather than on retention, my claim to fame is that I am (probably!) the only driver of a Nissan Almera with an MBZ plate.

Life has moved on, circumstances have changed and working on the premise that life is not a dress rehearsal I have decided the time is right for another Merc, but no roof this time. Countless hours on the interwebby wosname, a few trips to view some contenders and I have decided to throw the sheckels at a mid-90s SL300. Deal not yet done, so no details at the mo but I hope to be the proud owner in the next couple of weeks.

I'm based in North Norfolk (there's a clue in the user name!) near Cromer.

Will be looking for a local indy for servicing (used to use Auto-Technic in Loddon for the C220) so any recommendations welcome.

Norfolkngood

Welcome back.

Quick update - picked up the SL a couple of days ago from the midlands, awful journey due to heavy rainfall and glad to get back to Norfolk.

Looking forward to giving it a proper-job clean this weekend and hopefully some decent weather.

Congrats on your purchase from a fellow norfolk-er. I'm familiar with Auto-technic myself and can well imagine the eye-watering quotes for the c220 :D
welcome back to the forum.

@pugilist: Well there's at least 3 of us!

@pugilist: Well there's at least 3 of us!

Make that four!

I'll be collecting a 2004 CL600 from a dealer in Sussex in the next few days and will then have it checked out by Autotechnic. Will report back in case anyone's interested.

BernardB said:
Make that four! I'll be collecting a 2004 CL600 from a dealer in Sussex in the next few days and will then have it checked out by Autotechnic. Will report back in case anyone's interested.
Welcome and super car purchase!

Welcome!

Another NFN here too!

I've used Auto Technic before and was pleased with their service, I've heard of another Indy in Dereham but don't have any experience of them myself.

Don't get me wrong their service is generally quite good and I've never had cause to complain much about their work, it's just that I wish they weren't so darned expensive :D
I'm sure that's a sentiment most Mercedes owners share though...

On a related note; took the car in for a quick STAR diagnosis and a fault clear today... 50 quid! :eek:

Edit: @BernardB just read your post again, I think I may have seen your CL600 up there today. An absolute beauty if it was yours. Can't tell you how much I wanted to hear her in action... I was sat in the waiting room praying for Simon (auto-technic) to fire her up! :thumb:

Last edited:
I've used Auto Technic before and was pleased with their service, I've heard of another Indy in Dereham but don't have any experience of them myself.

He is very good.

Have used him a couple of times.

I'm in Wymondham.

Definitely a few of us on here.

I'm based in North Norfolk (there's a clue in the user name!) near Cromer.

Hopefully not at Happisburg, otherwise you might not be there that much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom