Normal idle speed for ML 320 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smart320

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Toyota RAV4 3dr , SLK55amg, ML320 (2 ) A210 , E320 ( all gone )
Have bought a 2007 ML 320 cdi and when test driving it thought the revs at idle looked a bit high at about 850/900 . Can anyone tell me what it should be once warmed up

My previous CLS, also a 320 diesel used to idle at ~600, very much the same as my 350 diesel now. On warm weather don't even have high idle.

Mine is about 1100 when the outside air temperature is low.

Once warmed up, drops to about 6-700.

Obviously, I'd like it to be as low as possibel, but the days when you could change it yourself are long gone...

I will follow this up with the garage, they are doing a couple of things before we collect next Saturday , will suggest they check the throttle pedal if still idling at 900. Will tell them I will expect it to have been sorted before collection. Actually the owners seem to be ' petrol heads' and deal in nice high end cars so not expecting a problem. We will see how we go!

I don't have a ML but mine idles normally at 600rpm sometimes it does idle at round 800/900 rpm but this is when its in the middle of a DPF regen

Thanks, the one I am buying has no DPF so 900 rpm idle is obviously too high. Have contacted the garage and said I will not take delivery if still has high idle. They immediately agreed to sorting it out , will see on Saturday when we go to swap the car for my E320 cdi which idles at 700 rpm!

Original fix did not sort it out for more than a couple of days. Now agreed to supply a new pedal, to avoid having to drive a 160 mile round trip have said I will replace it , here's hoping it's an easy switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom