Normal Running Tyre Pressures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No idea . Ask mercedes maybe. I'm going off what mine states. Saying to warm tyres . Unless it means warm tyres will add extra psi. ?????
I can only see cold, and allow additional 4 PSI when warm, but I can’t see anything for 10% heat. Stick to cold though and there’s no ambiguity 👍🏻

I can only see cold, and allow additional 4 PSI when warm, but I can’t see anything for 10% heat. Stick to cold though and there’s no ambiguity 👍🏻
I might move onto nitrogen fills. See how I get on.

If it’s relatively easy to get hold of then it’s worth a shot. Many say it’s unnecessary on a road car and they're probably right but if it costs no more in time and effort then you might as well do it.

My father-in-law had nitrogen in his home garage all the way back to when I was at school so our cars and even our touring caravans have had nitrogen for as long as I can remember.

Unfortunately he doesn’t have it any more but my tyre fitter uses it as standard for all fills and top ups (thy have very exacting standards!), and there’s no charge, so they still get nitrogen filled.

If it’s relatively easy to get hold of then it’s worth a shot. Many say it’s unnecessary on a road car and they're probably right but if it costs no more in time and effort then you might as well do it.

My father-in-law had nitrogen in his home garage all the way back to when I was at school so our cars and even our touring caravans have had nitrogen for as long as I can remember.

Unfortunately he doesn’t have it any more but my tyre fitter uses it as standard for all fills and top ups (thy have very exacting standards!), and there’s no charge, so they still get nitrogen filled.
Hi , Bobby Dazzer , hydrogen has larger molecular structure and therefore harder to seep through tyres !!

Most car tyres have pressures in the range of 35-40 psi, so I'm guessing that 4psi is 10% rounded up anyway? I.e. it's probably a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other.

I wouldn't expect a dramatic change though, given that the air is 78% Nitrogen anyway, so whatever benefits the Nitrogen posses will only come into play for the remaining 22% that are not Nitrogen (21% Oxygen and 1% other gasses).

Well I tried nitrogen off eBay and this has happened. I'm thinking they sold me helium. ? 1665467508187.jpg

Hi , on the fuel filler it states that hot tyres require 30kpa increase.

One issue with that , on the rear tyre max pressure is 350 ( that's max pressure ) so that becomes 380 !

I know what your thinking, I’m told inside tyre wear is a normal phenomenon on this car, the dealership put four new tyres on it after the car had completed 31000 miles! So providing I keep the tyre pressure correct I’m looking at replacing the tyres around the 60,000 mile mark.
Lucky you, my 285 35 19s lasted 19500 miles. :oops:

There is an app somewhere that calculates pressures based on current tyre temp and ambient temp if you really want to get anal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom