North American Cities to visit...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've only ever been to 3 North American cities. Boston and Toronto were nothing special, Ottawa was more interesting not least because I slept in a prison cell. The best museum I've ever visited is a short walk across the river in Gatineau, the museum of civilization.

FWIW
Charleston Sth Carolina
History
Architecture
Nice people
Now you are talking!
The Carolinas and the King James Land grants to penniless Brits at the time. Basically just get on a boat and it was pickings for all!
Giving way to the Carolina Constitution, the owning of land as you became a transplanted Yeoman Englishman, owning a 100 acres minimum.
Having the right to bear arms as a Protestant, and organising a well regulated militia. In fact following same rights given to yeoman Englishmen during the Glorious Revolution in "zee auld country".
Farm it for tobacco for one year and pay taxes to the King and it was your for keeps as you could then legally buy a slave giving you an extra 1/3 vote in the state house.

Good place to visit ,see and touch places stomped on & carved out by Englishmen, amongst others, since the 17th century.
The evening carrriage ride tours are a particular favourite of mine with the missus.
Tuercas viejas

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Plus this place carved out by an Englishman 300 years ago;-
Tuercas viejas .

Guys
NO visit the "South" is complete without a visit to "elegant" Savanna and then go to Tybee Island .
These are American hideaways not visited usually by Brits, but Savanna has a lot of Brit connections being the center of cotton industry in the 18th & 19th centuries.
Well worth ticking it off your bucket list.
Maybe even try your "linguistical luck" at learning Gulah still spoken here.
Tuercas Viejas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom