North East Restoration Club (NERC) 80's, 90's and modified car show 19th July 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

23 Romeo Tango

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
X253 GLC 250 || Aufrecht, Melcher, and Großaspach
Does anyone know anything about this event or has anyone been before?

Facebook link

NERC Website

Their website looks very basic, but from what I (a non Facebook user) can see on their Facebook page they've had a decent turn out in the past. That is if the picture is in fact from one of their previous events.

I've been in their place last year. Its a gang of enthusiastic generally older guys in a club set up that mess about and fix their own 'classics' on a budget

They have a workshop that's a mix of half finished cars and some in storage for members, a little machine shop (with english wheel), paint shop, welding gear, blasting shed, vehicle lift and a big field next to them that they use to hold occasional classic car meets for members and guests

They are a friendly bunch operating very much at the 'do it yourself on a budget' end of things and very reasonable annual subs

Go and knock on the door and if there is anyone there they'd be happy to show you around

Great, thanks.
Because you never mentioned it, I take it that you haven't been to one of their meets/shows/events.

I think I might have a run up and take a look on 19th July. No big deal if it isn't up to scratch, I'm only down the road in Darlo too.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

about 5 hours for me, so a bit too far to pop up if they aren't there :( Maybe if someone who is on FB can message them and ask 🤔

Great, thanks.
Because you never mentioned it, I take it that you haven't been to one of their meets/shows/events.

I think I might have a run up and take a look on 19th July. No big deal if it isn't up to scratch, I'm only down the road in Darlo too.

Welcome to the forum by the way.
Cheers,

No I haven't been as I don't think they have had one since I was in there but must admit haven't checked

It will be interesting to have a run up and see what they have but I'd make contact before the 19th as the web site events section says nothing happening until August

As I said they are a friendly bunch

The premises are old railway workshops I believe

about 5 hours for me, so a bit too far to pop up if they aren't there :( Maybe if someone who is on FB can message them and ask 🤔
Sarah, I could always pop in to confirm the event is going ahead.
One thing I will say is don't blame me if the full extent of the event is 3 old guys smoking rollies while welding up a rusty old Vauxhall Cavalier 😂

One thing I will say is don't blame me if the full extent of the event is 3 old guys smoking rollies while welding up a rusty old Vauxhall Cavalier 😂

Sounds like my kind of event :eek:

I edited my post - best check as web site says no events till August

It will be interesting to have a run up and see what they have
Sounds like my kind of event :eek:
Spot on.
I'll get in touch with them either by phone or have a run up in the next couple of days and find out what their plan is.
I'll see if I can get any idea of what sort of turn out they are expecting and I'll report back here and we can take it from there.👍

best check as web site says no events till August
I did see that when I was looking into it before I posted the original links.
I think that they just haven't updated their website. Facebook says they have an event on 19th July and 6th Sept.
Which one is correct :dk: I'll check.

OK, I have an update.
Their July event is cancelled, the first date they expect to have a show is Wednesday 5th August (evening) and their 12th Sept event should go ahead as planned.

I guess that puts an end to it for now. I wouldn't imagine that a midweek evening event would suit many, so I'll pencil myself in for Saturday 12th Sept.

Bit of a way for an evening, unless I combined it with a few days away , not sure what the hotel situation will be tho :dk:

Sarah, I wouldn't bother travelling that far for the evening event if I was you.
I may do a dry run on 5th August to gather some Intel for the 12th Sept.

As for hotels, I've got no idea when they will be fully open again. Unless we get a second wave I would imagine that things will be back to normal by September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom